I want to kill my sim, but he won't stay dead

by mary_eraika

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I want to kill my sim, but he won't stay dead

★★ Novice

Hi everyone! I have scoured the forums for an answer for my glitch and so far have not been successful in finding an answer. I have a sim I'm tired of and want to kill him off so his family can move on. I starved him to death in the ocean the first time. The Grim Reaper appeared and he was an urn on a life preserver. I moved it to the land and it turned into a gravestone. Great, but his family wasn't mourning him, which I thought was a little weird. But he was greyed out on the bottom of the control panel. I closed the game and when I started playing the next day, he was alive. His stats were all red, and had 24 hours until he was dead. The gravestone was still there though, so I was very confused. I trapped him in a room and killed him again. This time, he appeared as a gravestone. I had one of my other sims go to a different location, and he appeared in the "Travel with..." box. I selected him and when the game loaded, they were both at the new location. I killed him a THIRD time. This time my sim saw his death and got the Very Sad mood, yada yada. He was an urn. I thought I finally did it.... then her baby aged up, and I went into Edit mode to change her clothes. When I saved and went back into the game, HE WAS ALIVE AGAIN. I'm so over it. I hate him and want him gone. Please help. Standard smile

Message 1 of 4 (648 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I want to kill my sim, but he won't stay dead

Champion

@mary_eraika,are you playing on a PC or Mac, or are you playing on a console? Wondering If you are playing on a PC/Mac,  do you play with any CC or Mods? Wondering If you do, please do the following:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.

If this doesn't change anything, or if you don't even use Mods or CC, please update us so we can try to figure out what is going on! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (595 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@mary_eraika,are you playing on a PC or Mac, or are you playing on a console? Wondering If you are playing on a PC/Mac,  do you play with any CC or Mods? Wondering If you do, please do the following:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder.

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

The CC creators will usually update the CC items and Mods after these updates, so when you find out which one is the culprit, you can get the updated version from whoever made that item of CC in the first place.  You should try these steps anytime you have problems in your game to rule out CC/Mods problems.

If this doesn't change anything, or if you don't even use Mods or CC, please update us so we can try to figure out what is going on! Angel

Message 2 of 4 (596 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you! This totally worked! I also needed to update my mods! 😆

Message 3 of 4 (571 Views)

Champion

@mary_eraika, I'm so happy that worked for you!  (It really sounded like a horror movie with a dead person constanly coming back to "life"! Large smile)  

If you use mods or CC it is always good to update them!  Also beware when there is an update to the game (which usually happens a week or so before a new pack is released).  Modders and CC makers make their items based on the current version of the game, and it is impossible for EA to make a new update to the game and keep up with the thousands and thousands of CC and Mods that exist.  Disappointed  So problems are bound to happen. Raised eyebrow  Most good modders and CC makers update their products to fit changes to the game (a few won't , however).

And we should be getting a new patch to prepare the game for the new EP coming out this month, Discover University!  So, if you have problems after this upcoming update, be sure to go through this process again to find any if there are any CC/Mod items you need to update! Angel 

Happy Simming! Party hat

Message 4 of 4 (561 Views)