I hate working from home! Help!

by t2727

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I hate working from home! Help!

★★★ Newbie

I (I mean my Sim) hate(s) working from home! LOL

My Sim is in the critic career.  I used the phone and clicked work from home, little did I know I'd have all these tasks to micro-manage (spray paint a mural 2 hours, and level up your cooking skill). I rather send her to work far away and be lazy.  When I use the phone to change it, all it gives me is "quit job" or "find a new job", not "quit working from home."  I completed all the daily tasks and got paid, but I prefer to end working from home. Is there a way?  Or should I just quit and restart the job again, and take the dip in salary?  Thanks a lot! Standard smile Standard smile 

Message 1 of 6 (468 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I hate working from home! Help!

Champion (Retired)

You will be prompted each day to work from home or go to work. Just choose the latter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (450 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

You will be prompted each day to work from home or go to work. Just choose the latter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (451 Views)

★★★ Newbie
thank you Jpkarlsen!
I thought it set my fate forever, but the next work day I had a choice again. Sorry for the simple question. Standard smile Standard smile I appreciate your fast reply! Standard smile
Message 3 of 6 (425 Views)

Champion

@t2727 I'm glad you and @jpkarlsen got tis figured out. I agree, 'working from home', and somewhat 'go to work with your sim' could use some love, in my experience. Depending on the career that I do it for, I tend to find myself frustrated and feel I didn't guide/push them as efficiently as I should have sometimes, and I find it a bit stressful. I play large households, so I have resorted to just sending them to work most days (since I then cannot control much the others if needed when at work with them, plus the factors already mentioned) unless they are especially low in energy or some other factor that motivates me to keep them home, have them rest, etc., then do some work from home. They tend to get low wages when I work them from home, though, even if the 'boss is happy with their work', so there's that. I think going to work with them is perhaps a better fit most of the time if you have a small household, etc. Anyway, with that career are you able to go to work with them, or just send them to work vs. do it at home? I haven't done that career. I am referring more to gardening and scientist careers in this regard.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 6 (400 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I like to play with large households myself but only have one or two sims in Active careers. Normally only one but with acting I can have two because they don't go each day there is always a days prep time before audition/gig which means that i can stagger the days I have to follow each of them.

Message 5 of 6 (393 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@jpkarlsen yup... I think it works best juggling it like you mentioned. All but one of the households that I have done this with had more than one member that had the 'work from home' or the 'go to work with them' options (and oftentimes these shifts overlap, etc.)... so my tendency to over-do and 'type A play' my households can bite me on the butt with that one... Wink

Having said all of that, though, I do get a kick out of going on the acting ones, and sometimes the science ones. I have one household with 4 actors. Ya, I have issues. I can't take care of any of the things I'm doing with the others to prep their skills, take care of the household and garden, etc., when going with one of them to work. Plus with the fame and acting stuff there is a lot for them to do when not at work to work on skills and fame. So... it can be a bit overwhelming and I feel I'm neglecting someone for their career needs constantly. Frown

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 6 of 6 (386 Views)