I deleted my CC but it's still showing up

by SugarPassy988888

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I deleted my CC but it's still showing up

★★★ Newbie

My mods won't delete, I deleted all my CC off my computer and they're still showing up in my game. I deleted the Sims 4 application and Origin off my computer hoping it would help. It didn't the CC still showed up at my startup after I redownloaded everything, I've tried removing the mods folder from the Sims 4 folder but a new one never generated. I'm really stuck and don't know what else I can do. The only way to not have them present in my game is if I don't allow CC and scripts in my game, so I won't be able to use any CC in the future. Does anyone know what type of glitch this is or if I'm just completely screwed? :/

Message 1 of 6 (3,438 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I deleted my CC but it's still showing up

★★★ Newbie

Found the mods hiding in one of my folders! 

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (3,406 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert
@SugarPassy988888 If you are on a Windows computer... try this:

Go to your desktop. Double-click on your "Computer" icon.
Click in the address bar at the top.
Paste this in there and hit ENTER:
%homedrive%%homepath%\documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\

That will be your Sims 4 save directory. You will see a "Mods" folder. That folder will contain all your CC. Just move the Mods folder somewhere else like your desktop.
Message 2 of 6 (3,427 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Psychotps I'm on a mac
Message 3 of 6 (3,419 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Found the mods hiding in one of my folders! 

Message 4 of 6 (3,407 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For some reason mine is doing the same, I've taken everything off my sims 4 folder, put each thing in separately, deleted it completely off my Mac, cleared the trash, and it is still showing in the start up! It doesn't seem to apply in CAS, but the reason I had to do this was because it wouldn't show me any other CC and it was infuriating, so I thought the update had messed it up, and deleted them all. Well, not I use new mods and CC, and not only do they not show up at the startup or in CAS, but all the old ones do, although they are not even anywhere to be found in CAS! It is truly infuriating, and a problem I have spent most of the day trying to remedy. I have even watched numerous youtube videos in an attempt to fix it. Any tips?

Message 5 of 6 (2,739 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem. Was it just a random folder or was it a specific EA folder? I have cc that's making my game crash and I can't get rid of it.

Message 6 of 6 (2,594 Views)