Re: Humanized Vampire can’t become spellcaster

by SEREFRAS

Original Post

Humanized Vampire can’t become spellcaster

★★★ Novice

Okay so, i had a mermaid/vampire hybrid, game Born. Very buggy, but eating kelp twice didnt remove the mermaid form so i just left it. But when ROM came out i really wanted her to be a spellcaster, so i humanized her, no mermaid, no vampire but the ask about magic interaction still doenst appear? What do i do?

Message 1 of 7 (7,587 Views)

Champion

@Simplelegant, I think the problem is with the Vampire cure itself. If I remember correctly, it used to work … however, at some point it became broken.Devil  The Bur Report section is riddled with various things that "cured" Vampires should be able to do, but cant! Disappointed

I tried to search to see if your problem had been listed as a bug yet, but I couldn't find anything (but maybe I wasn't using the right search terms).  So, I would fill out a Bug Report. Here is the link:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

In the meantime, you might want to have a different Sim become Spellcaster, one who isn't another supernatural type of Sim or one who never was a Vampire! Hopefully they will fix this soon! Best of luck! Fingers crossed

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 7 (7,566 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Just click on your sim, type the keys Ctrl Shift C, type TestingCheats On, press Enter key, type TestingCheats True, type Traits.Equip_Trait Trait_Occult_WitchOccult Enter key. 

And if you really want to make a quad hybrids just  use all the occult cheats. 

No mods are used, just Sims 4  games. 

Message 3 of 7 (7,523 Views)

Champion

@SEREFRAS, that might be a nice workaround until they fix it Standard smile , but the fact remains that there is a bug with the Vampire cure that needs to get fixed and is affecting a cured Sim from becoming a Spellcaster!Shocked  @Simplelegant should still file a Bug Report so EA can add it to their list of things to investigate and fix! Angel

Message 4 of 7 (7,513 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I cured one of my Vamps, didn't like it because my sim lost her pretty pointy fangs & glowing eyes. So I just gave back her Vamp traits.

I don't have any mods in my games.  Adding a new Occult Trait is easy, as long as you know the exact codes to type in for your sim. 

Message 5 of 7 (7,507 Views)

Champion

@SEREFRAS, while I'm not anti-cheat, a lot of people want to know how to do things the proper way by playing the game.Party hat   (Also, some of the cheats don't work the same way that doing things without cheating does.)  Many players view cheats as a last resort, so while they are great to know and keep in mind, most people don't want to rely on them! Raised eyebrow 

Message 6 of 7 (7,504 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Maybe have a sim mate with a Vampire to have a baby.  Age up baby to toddler then  have parent bake a cake, add birthday candles, parent helps toddler blow out candles, toddler turns into a child, the child add birthday candles & blows them out, turns into a teen then repeat until young adult.  The  young adult meets & mates to have a baby with a Spellcaster.  Repeat the Age up & birthdays.  If the new teen doesn't have an added occult in their genetics,  get the parents to try again.   FYI make sure that one parent can become pregnant & the other can get his mate pregnant. 

Message 7 of 7 (7,486 Views)