How to put in-game photos on the walls of my sim's house ?

by Puipui_lai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to put in-game photos on the walls of my sim's house ?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

When I click another sim, there is an option to "take a picture together", which the sims take a selfie photo together. My questions are:

1. Where do i find the photo that the sims selfie ? 

2. What are the ways to take in-game pictures and be able to frame the pictures and put on the wall of my sim's house without using a mod or external software ? (apart from simstagram pet which i already know). 

Because I plan to have a big family with a long line of generations, so I would like to keep the members in their memory as they will gradually pass away.  

Message 1 of 8 (60,250 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How to put in-game photos on the walls of my sim's house ?

★★★ Guide

Photos can be dragged out of a Sim's inventor and place in the world. The photo will automatically adjust its frame depending on whether it's placed on a surface or the wall. Unlike paintings however, photos only offer décor scores and cannot influence emotions.

i located this info at 
http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-sims-4/Photography

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (60,277 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

Photos can be dragged out of a Sim's inventor and place in the world. The photo will automatically adjust its frame depending on whether it's placed on a surface or the wall. Unlike paintings however, photos only offer décor scores and cannot influence emotions.

i located this info at 
http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-sims-4/Photography

Message 2 of 8 (60,278 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you

Message 3 of 8 (60,223 Views)

★★★ Newbie

But how do I get the photos in my inventory

Message 4 of 8 (35,055 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Izzythearchitect 

Use one of the cameras from Build/Buy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 8 (35,050 Views)

★★★ Newbie

But I’m on console so it won’t drag out. How do I get it out of my account inventory?

Message 6 of 8 (15,203 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Puipui_lai 1. the easiest way to have a sim selfie in game is to use the phone icon and navigate to the camera options. From there you can select to take a photo of someone or with someone. You can also use the cameras in game (these can be found through gameplay or purchases through buy mode). From there, the photos will end up in your sims inventory. Sometimes "take a picture together" does not create an actual in game photo, but instead creates a screenshot that you will have on your computer under the Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 4/Screenshots tab.
2. The above method works, however if you want big family pictures, I highly recommend the Family Portrait mod by Ravasheen. Once installed you can buy the frame in buy mode and create family portraits super easily.
Message 7 of 8 (15,175 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

As this thread is now a bit older, I've locked it to prevent necro-posting.

Please feel free to create a new thread if you're still needing help on this topic so we can take a look with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 8 of 8 (15,149 Views)