How do you change your Sim's height?

by __B1ueFalcon__

Original Post

Re: How do you change your Sim's height?

★★★★ Expert
@PugLove888 Thing is, mods can sometimes reveal some interesting things about games and how they work.

Another example: There's a mod for Mass Effect 1 that allows a female Shepard to romance Ashley. Very interesting thing is, the voice files for the FemShep/Ashley romance scene were already in the game. But you can't romance Ashley with Femshep in the vanilla game, so why are the audio files there? They must have originally intended Femshep to romance Ashley and even packaged the audio files in the game, but decided to kill it at the last moment.

I love finding out hidden things like that.
Message 21 of 37 (1,253 Views)

Champion

@Psychotps, yes I know what you mean about Mods being able to reveal how things work in the game even though I don't play with mods.  I was just talking to a friend who said that one of their mods shows that EA added an random attractiveness system to our Sims that is hidden! Raised eyebrow Things like fitness, gender, hair color, and more are assigned to our Sims.  Kind of sounds like the old attractiveness system in The Sims 2!  I wish we could pick what our other Sims find attractive again!  It made for better relationships with our married Sims and made dating more fun for our single Sims. Heart

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 22 of 37 (1,244 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I didn't know that!  Actually that seriously explains a lot of things. For a long time I've noticed sometimes I'd have a sim try to romance another and I'd have the worst time of it. I'd use exactly the same method on two others and the romance would just fly through.

There's actually a mod for Sims 4 that I can't name here that's implementing a whole attraction system, it's a very large and well known mod. The attraction system is extremely minor compared to the rest of the mod and it's a very new feature but it's looking very nice so far.

Message 23 of 37 (1,238 Views)

Champion

@Psychotps, yes, it does explain a lot! Large smile I always thought maybe it was just the moodlets that each Sim had at the time. Wondering  And while I can see this if I'm playing a single Sim trying to meet or date another Sim that I'm not controlling -- but, then sometimes it would happen when I'm in control of both Sims, and I couldn't just chalk it up to "bad moddlets" in that case! Oops

On the flip side, I had a Sim that I made marry Eve Capriciosa from Get to Work.  I thought they hit it off just because she is flirty, but they really seemed to like each other! I bet they matched each other's turn-ons! Heart Cool

Message 24 of 37 (1,231 Views)

★★★★ Expert

It makes me sad though.

I wanted to do a test once, (I LOVE doing these) I ran across Lily Feng and she interested me. I noticed she was working as a criminal mastermind and was "Unflirty". So, I had an idea. I also made her Evil, so she was a Criminal, Unflirty, and Evil. I then created a sim who was a Detective (police officer), Flirty, and Good.

I wanted to see how hard it would be to have my Good, Flirty, Cop romance a Evil, Unflirty, Criminal. It was actually easier than I thought. I originally thought it was because I was just very good at the game. Now I'm not so sure... Frown

Message 25 of 37 (1,221 Views)

Champion

@Psychotps, LOL Large smile I'm sure at least some of your knowledge helped the situation!  I love experimenting with the game as well! Nerd I like you concept to test how personality and career affects how other Sims get along and have romantic interactions! Standard smile

Message 26 of 37 (1,214 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PugLove888 Appreciate it. Been doing things like that for many years. When Sims 1 first came out, the first thing I did was start playing with the relationship boundaries. Wanted to see where the limits lied. Turns out in Sims 1, Romance was forbidden only within 2 generations. A guy could actually romance his great grandmother, which is weird. They fixed that in Sims 2.
Message 27 of 37 (1,211 Views)

Champion

@Psychotps, its a good thing that in TS2 they fixed it!  But I can see how this was overlooked in TS1 since the only way children could age up was if you had Makin' Magic and have them use a charm for it! Wink  It just wasn't much of a problem in TS1 as it is for all versions afterwards. 

Message 28 of 37 (1,196 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Well, since the entire world was more or less restricted to a single house, Once you left the house, everything froze. You moved the kids out and the parents house froze in time until you played it again. Story Progression was non-existent. It was easy to have a house 4-5 generations removed if you didn't play the others often.

Message 29 of 37 (1,192 Views)

Champion

True! Standard smile

Message 30 of 37 (1,186 Views)