Re: How do I export a family plus house to my Library?

by sarahnorthway

Original Post

How do I export a family plus house to my Library?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

How do I move a family + their house + all their belongings to another game (eg a fresh install on a different computer)?

If I export the house to my library (from the build screen) and the household to the library (from the dresser change outfit screen), then I can place the house in the new game. But when I try to place the household into their house in a new game, they can't afford to live there! They seem to only have $26,000.

Do I have to place them in an empty lot, hack to give them enough money, then move them to their house? Is there a better way to do this?

Message 1 of 5 (3,012 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@sarahnorthway 

To move your savegames. Copy the Saves and Tray folder from the old computer to your new computer. By default they are located here: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (2,974 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I want to merge two savegames - just move a single household + house to an existing savegame (it's not actually blank). I do not want to move the entire world to a new computer.

Message 3 of 5 (2,963 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Open one of the savegames and save the Household to your library. Exit and open the other savegame. Click add Household. Import the household from your library replacing the default SIM that was created. Place the household in the world. Go to manage World then place their house from your library and move them in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 5 (2,954 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I think this is exactly what I tried... but when I went to move my family into their old house, it cost $200k and they only had $26k so they can't afford it. I don't remember if that was how much they had in the bank, or if $26k is the default amount that any sim gets.

I'm also not sure if this process will keep the items in the sim inventories... will they keep the things in their pockets?

Message 5 of 5 (2,949 Views)