Re: Homeless, parentless teens generating in The Magic Realm

by faded-springs

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Homeless, parentless teens generating in The Magic Realm

★★★★★ Novice

So, I've started a new game and ive noticed that some new random generated townies are mostly teens with no home or parents, it's not so much a major issue rather than something that may need to be tweaked in the future. So far I've counted 3 teens. It may have been done on purpose, i'm not sure, but seems odd.

Message 1 of 4 (510 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@faded-springs, while I haven't noticed it in my game (I rarely go into the Manage Households panel) , some people I know have stated that this happens in their game, but not just with teens, but with children as well!! (But as children aren't' old enough to be Spellcasters, that is probably why you are only seeing teens in the Realm! Wink)  

However, the problem isn't just with Realm of Magic or even the most recent patch.  Island Living has brought a lot of this to some player's games, and there are even reports of this starting with Get Famous! Raised eyebrow  

The good news is that there is a bug report on this. Click on the link, then click on the "Me Too" button, and then you can add your experience to the end of the thread!  Angel   Here is the link:https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Random-households-spawn-only-a-single-child/m-p/79...

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (435 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@faded-springs, so far I've only noticed teens from other neighborhoods that definitely have a home and parents.Wondering  I've especially seen many from Windenburg (from the Get Together EP), but I don't know if you have that EP or not.  But I will keep a look out for any other teens that I don't know.  (Of course, this will be made more difficult since teens look just like adults Sick, but at least I can hover my cursor over them to see who they are and their age! Wink 

Also, if you remember any of the names of the teens, please tell us. Angel

Message 2 of 4 (483 Views)

Champion

@faded-springs, while I haven't noticed it in my game (I rarely go into the Manage Households panel) , some people I know have stated that this happens in their game, but not just with teens, but with children as well!! (But as children aren't' old enough to be Spellcasters, that is probably why you are only seeing teens in the Realm! Wink)  

However, the problem isn't just with Realm of Magic or even the most recent patch.  Island Living has brought a lot of this to some player's games, and there are even reports of this starting with Get Famous! Raised eyebrow  

The good news is that there is a bug report on this. Click on the link, then click on the "Me Too" button, and then you can add your experience to the end of the thread!  Angel   Here is the link:https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Random-households-spawn-only-a-single-child/m-p/79...

Message 3 of 4 (436 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Whooop! Sorry I forgot to check for replies. I feel like that this is the same as the old bug.. I totally forgot that it was doing that, cause I remember seeing homeless kids with IL as well!! Thanks @PugLove888 

Message 4 of 4 (412 Views)