Happy 18 years of The Sims!

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Happy 18 years of The Sims!

EA app Team

The Sims is now 18 years old, happy anniversary Simmers!

18years

Do you want to celebrate it with us? Take a look to these links!:

Happy simming! Standard smile

-Mai

Message 1 of 33 (1,221 Views)

Re: Happy 18 years of The Sims!

EA app Team

Hi everyone,

We are not done celebrating! Today's patch for PC included some t-shirts for the anniversary, and you can read Behind Closed Doors - A brief history of The Sims in our new blog!

Also, you can now download The Sims stickers for iMessage (iOS).

Have fun!

-Mai

Message 2 of 33 (1,133 Views)

Champion

Thanks @EA_Mai ! Angel  This blog brought back a lot of great memories, both from the game and thinking about where I was in my life when I was playing each version! HeartParty hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 33 (1,113 Views)

Anniversary T-Shirt

Champion (Retired)

Did anyone else find the Anniversary T-Shirt in the Sims 4? I think it looks great on my Female Sim.:-)

PS. requires all game updates.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 33 (1,079 Views)

Re: Anniversary T-Shirt

Champion

@jpkarlsen, yep! Heart Love the shirt!  I've only tried it on females, so I don't even know how it looks on males. Oops  I also love the new female hair (I love curly hair)! Heart

Message 5 of 33 (1,056 Views)

EA app Team

@PugLove888 wrote:

This blog brought back a lot of great memories, both from the game and thinking about where I was in my life when I was playing each version! HeartParty hat

Me too! I remember playing The Sims 1 at school, planning houses in notebooks for The Sims 2, doing sleepovers to play The Sims 3... 18 long years! :D

@jpkarlsen wrote:

Did anyone else find the Anniversary T-Shirt in the Sims 4? I think it looks great on my Female Sim.:-)

PS. requires all game updates.

Oh, that reminds me! We have also added new designs to The Sims Threadless store Standard smile

This one might look familiar Wink

Message 6 of 33 (1,022 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If I had a girlfriend I would buy her one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 33 (1,009 Views)

★★ Expert
thank you for the post, @EA_Mai. this might sound silly to some, but the game has been (and still is) a very powerful coping mechanism for me. thank you, Sims, and happy birthday. =)
Message 8 of 33 (996 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@EA_Mai, LOL Large smile  It must have bee a blast to play the Sims (any version) at a slumber party! Party hat:eahigh_file:Heart  Alas, When TS1 came out I was already an adult! Embarrassed  Since you are the authority figure here, I just thought of you as either close to my age or older Large smile  Wink

Thanks for the info about the Anniversary shirt being available in real-life in the Store! Large smile  I want the one in purple (but they look good in all the colors!) Cool

@unseenlarks, I don't think using the Sims as a coping mechanism is strange at all. Angel  It is much healthier than a lot of other things you could be doing! Raised eyebrow  In fact, whenever I have either a bad day or a big argument with someone, the only way I can snap out of my bad mindset is to play the Sims for a little while! Party hat Playing the Sims allows me to step away from the situation long enough to gain a better perspective, so I'm usually better able to handle it afterwards.  HeartHeartHeart

Message 9 of 33 (982 Views)

★★ Expert
@PugLove888, you're right. =)
Message 10 of 33 (965 Views)