Re: Grafting is not creating new plants?

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Grafting is not creating new plants?

★★ Novice

Whenever I splice a shoot onto a plant that together should create a new plant, it appears to work, but when I try to harvest it, (with my sim who is lvl 10 in gardening) I only get the two plants that I grafted together and not the new plant. This happened with lillies and snapdragons, and apples and cherries. I didn't try it with any other plants. I tried to find this issue but nobody else seemed to have it, and I noticed a common fix for grafting issues was making sure everything was on your lot. All these plant are on my lot, and the shoots are from plants on my lot too. I have never grafted plants in the Sims 4 before and I wasn't sure if this is a bug or if I am just doing something wrong.

Message 1 of 5 (2,606 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

It can take a long time. Maybe it needs tweaking a bit I saw a few mentions of it in the Bugs forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (2,626 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

After the adjustments to Gardening in the Seasons Patch what you harvest from a spliced plant rotates so that every time you harvest there is a chance for each possible harvestable. You will not get more than one  type each time. So keep harvesting when you can and see what you get.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (2,589 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks, I will keep trying!

Message 3 of 5 (2,585 Views)

★★ Novice

I have harvested the plants several times, and each time it gives my a seemingly random amount of both the plants I splices together, but never the plant they were supposed to create. For instance, the apple tree I grafted a cherry shoot onto gives me cherries and apples when I harvest it, but no pomegranates. Is this a bug?

Message 4 of 5 (2,568 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It can take a long time. Maybe it needs tweaking a bit I saw a few mentions of it in the Bugs forum.

Message 5 of 5 (2,627 Views)