Golden Tombstones/Urns?

by rostsit

Original Post

Re: Golden Tombstones/Urns?

[ Edited ]
Champion

@rostsit, Thank you for the update, even if you haven't found another golden urn in your game! Wink  

I really need so play out some of my Sim families some more, since I only have a few urns or tombstones in my game(s) to begin with! Oops I never paid that much attention to them since I was always focusing on the ghosts.  If Death was handled the way it was in other versions of the game, I would have probably had some more deaths in my game , but without a local cemetery, or realistic mourning, I never bothered much with it in TS4.  They have added some improvements recently, but now I'm stuck in my habit of playing! EmbarrassedLarge smile

I could do some testing on this, but with Seasons about to come out, I don't know how far I can progress in killing off more Sims to see if I can recreate this in my game.  You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the regular bronze urns next to the gold ones would you?  (Preferably if they are both Alien urns or tombs, since that is the one you have that is gold)? Wondering  I think that is why @mrtun3r was asking if it was how the lighting was that made it look gold, since they look close in color, at least on my computer.  Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 11 of 23 (1,307 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@PugLove888
Well, no. Aliens urns/tombs aren't bronze and are nowhere close to the gold colour. It's impossible to not notice the difference, since they are white Standard smile

All urns: http://thumbs.modthesims2.com/img/5/6/2/2/8/3/MTS_Tremerion-1691141-sims4graves3.png

All tombs: http://thumbs.modthesims2.com/img/5/6/2/2/8/3/MTS_Tremerion-1691139-sims4graves.png

Message 12 of 23 (1,290 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@rostsit, OK -- I think I understand now! Embarrassed Normal Sim urn is a golden bronze (or is that a bronzy gold?) and turns white when it becomes a tombstone if you move it outside.  Normal Alien Sim urn is white (with neon green trim) but usually stays white even when it becomes a tombstone when you move it outside.  But for some reason, one Alien tombstone in your game is that golden bronze color of a normal Sim's urn!  Raised eyebrow

Thanks for the pictures as they clear up my misconception! Oops No that is definitely not a trick of the light! Large smile  I think I only had one Alien die in my game but it was a long time ago and I never saw a tombstone or urn.  I was off the lot with another Sim from the household I think.  But I could have moved him out and then forgot about him and just thought he died when I returned to his household sometime later.  But other than that I have not had any Sim Alien deaths in my game yet! Wink

I'm can try to kill off several Aliens in my game to see if I can get any of them with a tombstone/urn that isn't white.  Do you remember how your Alien with the different tombstone died?  Did he or she die of old age or with a completed aspiration, or under any other special circumstance?Wondering

Message 13 of 23 (1,284 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Well, he was old and REALLY angry :D
Message 14 of 23 (1,270 Views)

Champion

:D LOL Large smile Thanks, that should help me to try to recreate the circumstances somewhat.  I saw from your original post that it was a Townie and not one of your own Sims, but I'll do the best I can!  Wink

Message 15 of 23 (1,255 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@rostsit, I made an elderly Alien Sim and with the life span set to short for all Sims I was able to get her to die of old age.  But she only had the regular Alien tomb/urn and not the golden one. Sick    But my Sim was disguised as a human at the time of her demise.  I didn't save, so I will now try her death in her original Alien form and see if that makes any difference. Thinking She wasn't angry at the time of death, like your Sim, though.  She was focused. Large smile  I tried it twice with the same result.  The 2nd picture is taken in the glow of the sunset, so looks a bit different.  One side looks silver and the side to the sun looks a little golden, but not nearly as golden as your tombstone picture.  Raised eyebrow

Message 16 of 23 (1,205 Views)

Champion

@rostsit, it tried to have her die in her true Alien form, but got the same results.  Here are some more pictures, with the last 2 taken at night: 

Message 17 of 23 (1,198 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@PugLove888 Thanks for all the efforts! I would believe mine is just a bug, but on the other hand - how did this bug get the necessary textures for it to happen?
Message 18 of 23 (1,185 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@PugLove888

Did the sims you tested with fulfill at least one Aspiration?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 19 of 23 (1,178 Views)

Champion

@rostsit, sorry I couldn't come up with anything conclusive yet!  The closest I could get was a Alien tomb that looked different in different types of lighting, but not quite as golden as your Alien tomb! Raised eyebrow  I will still try, but I will be focusing more on Seasons in the coming weeks.  But if I see anything I will tell you. Wink  I was also thinking you might have some glitch, but I have no clue as to how that happened! Embarrassed

@jpkarlsen, no my Sim had not fulfilled an Aspiration, but since @rostsit stated that the Alien Sim that died and produced a golden tomb was a random Townie, I doubt that this Townie has fulfilled any Aspirations! Wink  The only thing we know about his Alien townie Sim is that he was elderly, an Alien, and very angry.  I was unable to make my Alien Sim that angry right at the time of her death.  

I can work on getting an Alien Sim to fulfill an Aspiration before death, but that will take some time unless I use cheats (but many of the cheats are not working since the last update).  Plus I plan on concentrating on exploring the Seasons EP, so I probably won't have as much time to try to get my Alien to fulfill an Aspiration in the coming weeks. 

Jpkarlsen, feel free to test this if you want!  You might be able to succeed more quickly than I can at the moment. Angel

Message 20 of 23 (1,161 Views)