Give sims key even though you're living in a home

by PetalsOfDeath

Original Post

Give sims key even though you're living in a home

★ Apprentice

I have a mod where you can give sims a key to your home even if you live in a house, but I want to remove it. Problem is I can't for the life of me found or remember what the mod was named. Does anyone have the same mod? Or know what mod I'm talking about.

Message 1 of 7 (434 Views)

Re: Give sims key even though you're living in a home

@PetalsOfDeath  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 General Discussion section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (422 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@PetalsOfDeath You could go to your Mods folder ( Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods ) and see that the mods are named, then look them up online to see what functions each performs. 

But.... if you have City Living the sim can give a key, and I believe giving a house key out was added later anyway to the game. So even if you remove your Mod, I doubt the ability to give a house key will be removed if the sim has the appropriate relationship per the game rules have the house key option.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 7 (397 Views)

★ Apprentice

That's the issue. I can't remember the name of the mod.

Message 4 of 7 (387 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@PetalsOfDeath I don't use Mods so maybe this is a dumb question, but don't they have a name for the files that you put in the Mods folder that would help you in searching for the file name? Or if you open the file in a code editor that information may be at the top of the file.
If you go to 'Mod The Sims' and search 'key' there are a bunch of choices.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 5 of 7 (380 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've already done this. Sometimes creators don't name the mod in an easy to find way. Very frustrating. Now I keep pictures of everything I download just in case a situation like this happens.

Message 6 of 7 (353 Views)

★★ Pro

Hi  @PetalsOfDeath  

I have heard at times it could be that you have the MCCC (MC Command Center, which is no small mod) you may simply have an older version of it, shall check around, so keep me posted if that is the one, and if it helps/fixes things.

Sasha

I have no connection to EA

Message 7 of 7 (314 Views)