Gaming Tower for Sims 4

by SophieBxnks

Original Post

Re: Gaming Tower for Sims 4

@SophieBxnks  Yes, Defender is part of the standard version of Windows 10.  It works pretty well on its own, and I haven't had the need to run anything else alongside it.  But if you want something more comprehensive, now or later, let me know, and I'll get some recommendations.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 41 of 55 (599 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict  Brilliant! You’re a star.

Message 42 of 55 (591 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict  I have received the desktop but I am unable to connect to network. The modem for my WiFi is upstairs, however the computer is downstairs. On the information pack that come with the desktop, there is a Step 4 which says Setting Up Internet Access and it’s asking me to connect the aerials to the WiFi card, however, I don’t have a WiFi card and I never purchased one with my desktop. How would I be able to get my network connected to my desktop?

Message 43 of 55 (554 Views)

@SophieBxnks  I did add an internal wifi adapter to the build, since I wasn't sure about your setup and the motherboard didn't come with its own wifi.  The link has expired by now, so I can't check, but I believe it was this one:

"Intel® Wireless 9260 Wi-Fi 802.11ac Dual Band (2.4 GHz & 5GHz (160Mhz)) up to 1.73Gbps w/ PCI-E Adapter & Dual Antennas"

I'm not sure why you're getting that error, whether it's because the adapter isn't picking up the signal or what.  You can test by making your phone a mobile hotspot for a moment—see if the computer picks up that network.

Message 44 of 55 (539 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict This is what come with the desktop, is that the correct one? Towards the bottom?

Message 45 of 55 (534 Views)

@SophieBxnks  Yes, the WNC: Intel... entry is the wifi adapter.

Message 46 of 55 (532 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict how do I connect it to my WiFi? Would I need to buy a wireless router ?

Message 47 of 55 (530 Views)

@SophieBxnks  Honestly, I'm not great with connection issues.  I would think that if you can pick up wifi upstairs, then the only reason it wouldn't get picked up downstairs is if the signal was too weak.  But I don't want to tell you to buy anything else before asking for advice from people who do know about this kind of thing.  I'll do that now, but depending on who's around, it might take until tomorrow to get an answer.

Personally, I'd prefer to plug an ethernet cable into the wall—the signal is going to be stronger and more stable.  (And ethernet cables are cheap and sold at any computer or hardware store.)  But not everyone has a setup that makes that simple.

Message 48 of 55 (528 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict I could get the WiFi box moved to downstairs. I have just called and they gave me a quote of £99 - would this solve my problem? Also, would I be able to plug the WiFi box straight into the desktop?

Message 49 of 55 (510 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hello @SophieBxnks 

I will try and help you with your connection issue.

Click Start (Windows flag) settings (cog wheel) then Network & Internet. At the bottom right click Network troubleshooter. Follow the prompts and see if that fixes your issues If you get errors please post them here.

Important! if the two antennas were not connected on delivery please find them in the packaging and mount them. There should be instructions included.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 50 of 55 (499 Views)