Gaming Tower for Sims 4

by SophieBxnks

Original Post

Re: Gaming Tower for Sims 4

★★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict 

I have purchased the Samsung Monitor, here is a screenshot of what i purchased: 

022B1A9F-DB81-427D-9F8E-E9EF48CEEE6F.jpeg

Have i ordered the correct items? Also, just to confirm, i did purchase a brand new monitor as i seen some that say used and i don't want a used one, haha.

Message 31 of 55 (1,214 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I would recommend a computer with the following hardware :

Intel Core i7-8700K or Intel Core i7-9700K CPU
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER OC - 6GB GDDR6 RAM graphics card  or GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER GAMING OC - 6GB GDDR6 RAM graphics card  
Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" SSD - 500GB hard disc

Western Digital WD Caviar Black for secondary hard drive -at least 4 TB model...
Minimum 16 GB quality RAM

Remarks :

An SDD drive only 256 GB is foolish as price for 500 GB is so low now.

The GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER OC graphics card is 226mm long  and the GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER GAMING OC graphics card  is even longer (280mm) but also supports  RGB Fusion 2.0 (some light color control scheme) , however no matter what graphics card selected then please notice that the casing needs to be deep/long enough to house both the graphics card and any low noise cooler that you may select.

I can not offer any advice on any specific mark and model of  e.g. cooler and PSU , but I will offer the general advice to only use high quality components and to buy a low noise cooler and never to buy a PSU with too low watt support (better a PSU capable of supplying more than needed than the other way around)

I hope that you find my advice of use :-)

Message 32 of 55 (1,205 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SophieBxnks  The monitor looks great.  You don't need the cables though, and I don't think you'll have any use for them.  Mini DisplayPort is a different standard, one that neither the monitor nor the computer has any use for.  (It's mostly for connecting laptops to a monitor, with the laptop having the Mini DP.)  The monitor itself will come with the proper DisplayPort cable in the box.

@DanishLighthouse  It's nice that you tried to help, but the original poster bought the computer discussed here last week.  And, incidentally, it has higher quality hardware in every category you've listed, plus a premium CPU cooler and PSU as well.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 33 of 55 (2,212 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict Brilliant! I wasn’t sure so I ordered the cables just incase they was needed but not to worry. Thank you very much for your help. I can’t wait to see my sons face Christmas morning!

Message 34 of 55 (1,175 Views)

@SophieBxnks  I've said it before, but your son is very lucky that you were willing to put so much time and effort into picking out this computer.  I hope he enjoys it for many years to come.

Message 35 of 55 (1,173 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

@DanishLighthouse  incidentally, it has higher quality hardware in every category you've listed, plus a premium CPU cooler and PSU as well.

I were not going to write anything about that because the OP had already bought the PC and I saw no reason to bother anyone questioning you in hindsight but since you are acting somewhat far too sure of yourself and in the same manner want to whip other people to not have another opinion then I would like to state - just for the record - that you are complete wrong !

The AMD processor is inferior to the Intel processor .  AMD is well known to give you very much 'bang for your bucks' for 'gaming PCs' but is inferior to Intel in 'over all' computing.  Yes ! , the OP wants a 'gaming PC' but still my suggestion is better than yours with respect to the processor. Also to compare the 8 core suggested by me to the 8 core suggested by you (since comparing the 6 core to the 8 core is wrong) : https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-9700K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-3800X/4030vs4047

Also , I found this with some game bench marks (please notice conclusion at page bottom) : https://pcper.com/2019/07/amd-ryzen-7-3700x-ryzen-9-3900x-review/

Same way with the 'secondary hard drive , with the drives using the technology in question then there really is not anything better in 'consumer class' desktop drives than the Western Digital (Caviar) Black series and it is no coincidence that WD offers a 5-Year Limited Warranty on the drive series , ref. :   https://shop.westerndigital.com/products/internal-drives/wd-black-desktop-sata-hdd

Anyway ,  I have responded in kind , but I see no use of further discussion as that would only bother the OP who as you point out has already bought the PC so further  discussion would be futile and bring the OP no joy and for that reason I will not respond again here even if you insist on persevering.

Please have a very nice day everyone :-)

Message 36 of 55 (1,163 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict  should I purchase an anti virus or does the computer come with one? I would like a really good one.

Message 37 of 55 (1,161 Views)

[ Edited ]

@DanishLighthouse  You might want to look up some benchmarks comparing an i7-9700K to a Ryzen 7 3800X, both for games and for other tasks.  Edit:  I see you found one.  We could back and forth about which benchmarks to look at, but it doesn't seem like you're interested, nor is this the place.

As for secondary hard drives, if you'd checked the website mentioned you'd have seen that it doesn't offer any WD HDDs.

Message 38 of 55 (1,141 Views)

@SophieBxnks  Windows Defender is pretty good, and it's built in.  The free version of Malwarebytes works great too.  But if you want something better, I'd have to ask around; I'll get back to you on that.

Message 39 of 55 (1,134 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict  If windows defender is good then I’m happy to use that. Is that built in did you say?

Message 40 of 55 (1,132 Views)