Gallery content on local hard drive?

by emmikamikatze

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Gallery content on local hard drive?

★ Novice

I'm currently playing Sims 4 on two computers (one Macbook Pro and one Desktop PC). One of them doesn't have Internet access (no WiFi and it's located nowhere near a LAN access port)...it's fine I don't really need the online features.

But I've recently been scouring the gallery and found some nice content I've been using on my laptop (especially user-created households and lots) and would like the same content on my offline computer. I can't find a local harddrive folder where the downloaded gallery content is saved.

I'm wondering if there even is a local folder? Since I can still see the content when my MBP is offline as well...and if yes, where is it and can I just transfer the content to my PC? (I'd like to avoid carrying the whole setup upstairs to a LAN port and I just don't have a 10m Ethernet cable.)

tl;dr Are gallery downloads stored anywhere locally for offline usage? If so, where (both PC and Mac - I can download on Mac and need to transfer to PC.)

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to read and reply.

Message 1 of 4 (306 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Gallery content on local hard drive?

★★ Pro

@emmikamikatze

Gallery items are downloaded to your Sims 4\Tray folder. By default the path is: C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray

In-Game the content can be found via the My Library tab.

I'm not a Mac user, so you may need to ask on the Mac Board what the path is to the Sims 4\Tray folder.

The Sims Mac Board - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (262 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro

@emmikamikatze

Gallery items are downloaded to your Sims 4\Tray folder. By default the path is: C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray

In-Game the content can be found via the My Library tab.

I'm not a Mac user, so you may need to ask on the Mac Board what the path is to the Sims 4\Tray folder.

The Sims Mac Board - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/bd-p/The-Sims-Mac

Message 2 of 4 (263 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Hmmm.... Well, I guess it depends on whether there is anything specific to Mac/PC win the tray folder but I would guess not? I'm on Mac and the trey folder is inside the "The Sims 4" folder. (Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>Tray). If you try it, make sure you save a copy of the "The Sims 4" folder for the PC before hand (before you add the tray folder from your Mac) so you can overwrite the changes if it becomes unhappy?

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 4 (253 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you. I didn't know it was the tray folder so that totally solves that problem (I've been wondering what that was for, though.)

It's more or less the same location for Mac. Thank you so much. You totally saved my day(s to come.)

Message 4 of 4 (242 Views)