Furniture with inventory?

by oOdelphiOo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Furniture with inventory?

★★ Novice

Good day,

ck have a small question towards the inventory of The Sims 4. Back in the day of Sims 3 there were certain furniture that had their own inventory to place stuff in it.

Are there any kind of furniture with inventory (like the refrigerator) in the game to place stuff in it? Maybe with a mod?

Message 1 of 4 (2,087 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Furniture with inventory?

[ Edited ]
Champion

@OopsdelphiOo, there is no need for a mod for certain smaller items.  Toyboxes only hold toys; pet toy boxes only hold pet toys, bookcases only hold books,  medal displays only hold medals, &  wand displays only hold wands.  However , there are two boxes that come in the Base Game that can hold all sorts of objects! They still have to be objects that can be clicked on and dragged in Live Mode.Standard smile  But type of item is not restricted.  

The 2 boxes are called "The Ornate Beauty" and "Buyer Beware" . You can find them in Build/Buy Mode in the "Objects by Fumction" section under the "Storage" sort (or just type their names in the Search bar).  Here are some pictures; all of the objects shown can go in either box except the wooden stool and the flower stand on the right.  The Buyer Beware is the wooden chest one and The Ornate Beauty is the other one:

09-14-19_5-05-24 AM.png09-14-19_5-05-38 AM.png

Hopefully these will fit your needs.Fingers crossed  I don't think there is anything like this for bigger items, but I might be wrong.Wondering  For items you can't click and drag in Live Mode, you might need a Mod for.  Just beware with Mods if you aren't' used to the... the can become outdated any time EA issues a patch to the game like they did last week.  The Mod /CC creators have to make updates to fit with EA's patch and you have to be diligent about that. Raised eyebrow If mods/CC are outdated and break your game, you have to do certain steps to find which mod or CC is causing the problem Disappointed, but we won't go into that now! Wink

Edit to add that toys and cooked food won't store in these chests, but since thy have their own storage, I don't think that will be much of a problem! Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (2,072 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@OopsdelphiOo, there is no need for a mod for certain smaller items.  Toyboxes only hold toys; pet toy boxes only hold pet toys, bookcases only hold books,  medal displays only hold medals, &  wand displays only hold wands.  However , there are two boxes that come in the Base Game that can hold all sorts of objects! They still have to be objects that can be clicked on and dragged in Live Mode.Standard smile  But type of item is not restricted.  

The 2 boxes are called "The Ornate Beauty" and "Buyer Beware" . You can find them in Build/Buy Mode in the "Objects by Fumction" section under the "Storage" sort (or just type their names in the Search bar).  Here are some pictures; all of the objects shown can go in either box except the wooden stool and the flower stand on the right.  The Buyer Beware is the wooden chest one and The Ornate Beauty is the other one:

09-14-19_5-05-24 AM.png09-14-19_5-05-38 AM.png

Hopefully these will fit your needs.Fingers crossed  I don't think there is anything like this for bigger items, but I might be wrong.Wondering  For items you can't click and drag in Live Mode, you might need a Mod for.  Just beware with Mods if you aren't' used to the... the can become outdated any time EA issues a patch to the game like they did last week.  The Mod /CC creators have to make updates to fit with EA's patch and you have to be diligent about that. Raised eyebrow If mods/CC are outdated and break your game, you have to do certain steps to find which mod or CC is causing the problem Disappointed, but we won't go into that now! Wink

Edit to add that toys and cooked food won't store in these chests, but since thy have their own storage, I don't think that will be much of a problem! Standard smile

Message 2 of 4 (2,073 Views)

★★ Novice

THANK YOU! this is exactly what I was hoping/looking for. I just get insane with all those fossils and crystals in my inventory. 

Message 3 of 4 (2,048 Views)

Champion

@OopsdelphiOo, no problem! Standard smile They can drive me crazy too and smaller homes can't display them all.Disappointed  I hate to sell all of them if I have a Collector Sim (although I do often sell the duplicates). And with needing some items like crystals and My Sims Trophies for potions if you have Realm of Magic, I can see people even using these items more than they used to! Wink

Happy Simming! Party hat

Message 4 of 4 (2,044 Views)