Re: Functional Cars

by RogueToad16

Original Post

Functional Cars

★★★ Novice

When Are We Going To Get Functional Cars And Functional Garages In The Sims 4?

Message 1 of 13 (757 Views)

Champion

@TheSims4Player29nobody knows. Wondering Without an open world there isn't a reason for cars, and it was already stated that TS4 will not be getting an open world.  It has an entirely different engine than TS3 did.  And TS4 doesn't have an open world because the open world in TS3 caused the game to run incredibly slowly, often grinding to a complete halt on many people's computers! AngryDevil To avoid this Maxis gave us semi-open worlds. Standard smile  And some neighborhoods in TS4  (like Forgotten Hollow from the Vampires GP) don't even have proper roads anyway. 

We still could get cars like we had in TS2 (which had a completely closed world).  But in TS2, your Sims would just get in their cars and pull out of the driveway and then disappear into a loading screen.  This probably isn't what you want, but if TS4 ever gets cars, this is how it will be! Raised eyebrow Its the price we pay for having the game run Large smile  

Some Sim Gurus did state that the brooms in Realm of Magic will be able to be flown just about everywhere.Standard smile  But if you fly out of the little section of neighborhood that is open to your Sim, it will end up being like the cars in TS2.  You still are going to have loading screens. Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 13 (744 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@TheSims4Player29 I was thinking about that the other night too. Thought it would be cool, but @PugLove888 is right, since there isn't anywhere really to drive and it will probably be like The Sims 2.
However it would be a nice feature to add for the people who like to build lots and want to have a reason to built a garage an have a car inside. Plus, it could drive a little further than past the lot like on TS2 and maybe have some extra features, like taking kids to Scout meetings and a honeymoon limo, and such. Standard smile
Message 3 of 13 (730 Views)

Champion

@RogueToad16@TheSims4Player29 , there is one other thing that they could do with cars in TS4 -- have old cars in need of repair that our Sims can fix up as a hobby!  They had this in both TS2 and TS3, and even with a closed world it was still a nice feature! :eahigh_file:

Message 4 of 13 (717 Views)

★ Guide

I talked with @PugLove888 about this few weeks ago. There's no reason for adding functional cars in TS4. The car will just disappear into a loading screen. I prefer to travel by pressing "M" then choose the place I want to travel, that saves more time than waiting the sims go to the car, get in, and drive away. But you're right, I really like building, and I wanted to have cars in the mansion I build.

Message 5 of 13 (698 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PugLove888 Yea, I loved that in the older game. Fixing up cars. It would seem a little hollow to me now since we can't actually drive anywhere.

Or... at least beyond the end of the street.
Message 6 of 13 (694 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah But The Thing Is It Will Be More Fun To Have Functional Cars But Not The Loading Screen Because It Will Be For Nothing😕It Would Be More Fun To Travel With Them Then Loading Screen Right?🤨

Message 7 of 13 (682 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@TheSims4Player29Maybe, maybe not. It would be more fun to drive everywhere, but that would mean a complete re-design of the game, making it fully open-world.

And being fully open-world is what made Sims 3 so bad to play and so laggy. Even the BEST computers couldn't play it with all packs installed.

So, either you could have a smooth game, or open-world. But not both.

Even today, I have a very good computer. I can play Sims 4 at ultra settings and it plays like a dream. The Sims 3? I still can't play it with all packs without a TON of lag problems.

Message 8 of 13 (679 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@AndyZhang2896, yes, your way of traveling by just pressing M to open the neighborhood map is quicker and more practical ! Standard smile  @RogueToad16  and @TheSims4Player29 , maybe you wouldn't mind having The Sims 2's style of how cars worked.Wondering  I does give the semblance of real life without taxing the game engine too much.Angel   I just fear since many people have played TS3, if TS4 went back and did TS2 -style cars, that most people would be extremely disappointed, if not down right enraged!Shocked  And like @Psychotps said, even if they gave us the option of fixing up cars , this might seem a bit empty to players who had cars that could go almost anywhere in TS3. Disappointed  

The sad thing is that no matter what they end up doing, I think people will be upset! Disappointed  Personally, I don't care as long as my game still runs smoothly! Large smile  But so many people are demanding this and I don't think they realize that it would break the game.  But anything less than cars that can go everywhere will still have people upset.  It's a no win situation. Frown

Message 9 of 13 (647 Views)

★★★ Novice

I Never Played The Sims 2 Or The Sims 3 So I Know Nothing About So You Could Be Right I Don't Know I Only Gave My Opinion😊

Message 10 of 13 (640 Views)