Favorite stuff pack?

by Ticklepink68

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Favorite stuff pack?

★ Pro

Hi! I recently started playing sims 4 and creating a few homes. (I love the gothic victorian styles) So I have talked myself into buying a bundle. Im getting seasons and vampires but cant quite decide on "stuff". Im leaning towards vintage glamour for the butler and vintage components to go in my victorian builds but the Jacuzzi looks awful fun from patio. I was gonna get famous over seasons but just love the dynamic weather. Any suggestions? Thankyou.

Message 1 of 5 (706 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Favorite stuff pack?

Champion

@Ticklepink68, while nobody can tell you what the best pack would be for you, since we all play a bit differently, we can at least offer suggestions based on our own experiences , as well as what we've heard others say. Wink

I would pick Seasons over Get Famous, simply because it will affect every Sim in your game, not just those you want to be famous or go into acting.  So , no matter what your playing style is, Seasons is a fantastic choice!   

By the way, I love Victorian style too! Heart I know some players who don't like playing Vampires, but still love the pack for its Build/Buy Mode and CAS items! Cool Just a note though, that don't choose the "Mesmerize" power until they fix it because while you can mesmerize people with it, you can't drink from them if they are under the spell, (so basically, the whole reason for having this power is pointless, at the moment! ) Shocked  But the whole Power/Weakness system in Vampires is interesting in that all your Vampires can be different from each other! :eahigh_file:

As for the Stuff pack, I would choose Vintage Glamour over Perfect Patio.  I love the items in Vintage Glamour and use them a lot!  I like the Hot Tubs in Perfect Patio, but my Sims don't seem to want to spend that much time in them, at least not as much as I think they would.  Besides, most people rate Vintage Glam much higher than Perf Patio, so it isn't just my opinion. Large smileWink

If you play with a lot of families, I would suggest either Toddler Stuff or Kids Bedroom Stuff, if you don't have those.  Backyard Stuff is also a fun pack.  If you like landscaping, then Romantic Garden is a good choice.  

What ever you decide, please update us!!! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (692 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@Ticklepink68, while nobody can tell you what the best pack would be for you, since we all play a bit differently, we can at least offer suggestions based on our own experiences , as well as what we've heard others say. Wink

I would pick Seasons over Get Famous, simply because it will affect every Sim in your game, not just those you want to be famous or go into acting.  So , no matter what your playing style is, Seasons is a fantastic choice!   

By the way, I love Victorian style too! Heart I know some players who don't like playing Vampires, but still love the pack for its Build/Buy Mode and CAS items! Cool Just a note though, that don't choose the "Mesmerize" power until they fix it because while you can mesmerize people with it, you can't drink from them if they are under the spell, (so basically, the whole reason for having this power is pointless, at the moment! ) Shocked  But the whole Power/Weakness system in Vampires is interesting in that all your Vampires can be different from each other! :eahigh_file:

As for the Stuff pack, I would choose Vintage Glamour over Perfect Patio.  I love the items in Vintage Glamour and use them a lot!  I like the Hot Tubs in Perfect Patio, but my Sims don't seem to want to spend that much time in them, at least not as much as I think they would.  Besides, most people rate Vintage Glam much higher than Perf Patio, so it isn't just my opinion. Large smileWink

If you play with a lot of families, I would suggest either Toddler Stuff or Kids Bedroom Stuff, if you don't have those.  Backyard Stuff is also a fun pack.  If you like landscaping, then Romantic Garden is a good choice.  

What ever you decide, please update us!!! Party hat

Message 2 of 5 (693 Views)

★ Pro

I think that's the route Ill take while I love actually playing the game I can get immersed in a build while a family grows there for weeks. Question though. If i get the bundle and then sometime in the future decide to forgo the basic Origin membership that includes the base game..I'll have to anty up for the base game while keeping my bundle yea?

Message 3 of 5 (685 Views)

Champion

@Ticklepink68, glad I could help! Standard smile  As for your next question, I don't know! Wondering  I will have to get back to you as soon as I can find out. Wink

Message 4 of 5 (683 Views)

Champion

@Ticklepink68, I checked with another helper here and they said that if you own certain packs outright (i.e. not through Access) those packs stay on the account when Access is cancelled.  But that you would need to buy the Base Game again in order to play at all, and might end up needing to uninstall/reinstall in order to get Origin to recognize the standalone copy of the Base Game. Raised eyebrow

It sounds like it would be easiest if you kept your Origin Access subscription, but of course I don't know what reasons you might have for considering cancelling it. Wink  I hope their answer is able to help you make your decision. Angel

Happy Simming! Party hat

Message 5 of 5 (663 Views)