Re: [FAQ] Build and buy your bundle for The Sims 4

by sanctiscorpi

Original Post

★ Novice

Whenever I try to create a bundle it comes up with the pop-up that says "You're quite the collector! Because you own so much content for The Sims 4 already, we can't create a totally new bundle for you at this time. Please check out our individual packs to grab something new." However, I don't own all of any of the types of packs (I'm missing Island Living in expansion and most of the other packs)! I have tried clearing the cache on the origin client, clearing cookies on the browser and using an incognito window. 

Is Island living not available to bundle yet or am I missing something? 

Message 41 of 53 (1,188 Views)

★ Apprentice

I like it... Can we have it on XBox? Maybe set it up so you can buy them here, check XBox as the platform, and, instead of a DL link it gives you a coupon code you can redeem on XBox?

Message 42 of 53 (1,163 Views)

EA Sims Team

@Lilacoloursplash 

It looks like Island Living is available as an option for the bundle again.  It was temporarily removed during the Sims sale, but it looks like it's back now.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 43 of 53 (1,145 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Duchess_Morgan According to SimGuruLegacy on Twitter that won't happen for console: https://twitter.com/SimGuruLegacy/status/1149751464748707840

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 53 (1,153 Views)

★ Apprentice

The system just ate a quick response... >.>;;

@crinrict- thanks for the info.  My (admittedly not encyclopedic) knowledge of the system is that the developer can issue "codes" to end users, which they can redeem on XBox.  In that case, it'd be a non-trivial but still possible matter to get the Origin store to sell a code instead of a download link.

Just thought it was worth asking.  I'm not crazy about having to buy a different license for every room I want to play the game in - which isn't technically the right thing to say, as I don't actually want to play the game in my office, on my PC, anyway... But, if I ever want to develop mods for it, the PC version is an understandable requirement. 

I'll probably still grumble about having to buy a different license for the different computer (counting the console as a specialized computer, that is) but c'est la vie, eh?

Message 45 of 53 (1,139 Views)

Hero
@Duchess_Morgan Yeah, I wished you could just get games for one platform and it works on multiple but I guess then they would be a lot more expensive cause everyone needs a share .. so people would then complain why they have to pay for PS4 when they only wanted the PC version ... I think there's no winning in this :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 53 (1,129 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Realm of Magic not available for bundle yet, I have 1EX, 1GP, and 2SP yet to buy... Any ETA on availability?

Message 47 of 53 (1,042 Views)

★★ Novice

Is the sims 4 Discover University available in build a bundle?

Message 48 of 53 (952 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I waited for Uni to come out, and I have yet to buy Spa or Bowling night (on purpose to get the bundle) but it keep auto moving me to the "sorry no go" section. when will Uni be available to bundle?

Message 49 of 53 (867 Views)

★★ Apprentice

it's been almost 12 hours since Discover University was released in my region, yet it's still not available for bundling (even though Origin advertises the bundles whenever I click "Buy" on DU)

Why is Discover University not available for bundling? Is this a bug?

Message 50 of 53 (843 Views)