Re: [FAQ] Build and buy your bundle for The Sims 4

by Alfatina

Original Post

[FAQ] Build and buy your bundle for The Sims 4

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

The Sims 4 Build your bundle tool is now on Origin and it will allow you to get downloadable content cheaper than buying it on its own!

Want to discover how it works? We have gathered some questions and answered them for you!:

What's a bundle?

Buy The Sims 4 base game with Expansion, Game, and Stuff Packs to save money on your purchase and get more content for your game, all at the same time.

What bundles can I build?

I already own the base game or I play through Origin Access

Spoiler

You can create a bundle that's a combination of one of each Pack type: Expansion, Stuff, and Game Packs.

Everyone that has Origin Access has access to the base game.

If you cancel Origin Access, you’ll need to buy the base game or reactivate your subscription to access the Packs you buy. Learn more about Origin Access memberships.

I don't own the base game

Spoiler

If you don't own the base game and you don't have Origin Access, you can get a bundle with the base game and Expansion packs.

• No Packs other than Expansion Packs can be added to this bundle.
  • You can still buy other Pack bundles after you own this one.

What if I have the base game or Packs in my unopened gifts?

Spoiler

If you try to buy a bundle with content that is in your unopened gifts, you’ll have to open them during checkout. After you open the gifts, head back to the bundling page and choose your Packs again.

• Any gifts you haven’t opened will be shown as unowned titles.
  • We’ll make sure you aren’t trying to buy anything you’ve gotten as a gift.

What if I own The Sims 4, but it’s not in My Game Library?

Spoiler
Then Origin won’t know you own the game. Make sure you’re logging into the right EA Account with The Sims 4 on it so that you don’t accidentally buy it again.

Where do I build my bundle?

NOTE: If you own all of one Pack type, you can’t build a bundle!

Otherwise:

Origin

1. Go to origin.com.
  2. Hover over Browse Games then The Sims.
  3. Click on Build a The Sims 4 Bundle.

EA Desktop

You need to already own The Sims 4 base game to build bundles on EA Desktop.

1. Open the EA Desktop app.
  2. Search for The Sims 4.
  3. Click Bundle and save.

Is there anything I can't do?

• You can’t give a bundle as a gift.
  • Bundles are only available on PC and Mac.

Source: https://help.ea.com/en/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/the-sims-4-build-a-bundle/ 

Any more questions? Feel free to use the reply button! Standard smile

Message 1 of 53 (15,296 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Is this new feature here to stay or is it just temporary?
Message 2 of 53 (15,227 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @AlexMarie0829,

This has arrived to stay Standard smile

Of course, I can't promise you a 'forever', but it's not something temporary Wink

Sorry for the wait, but welcome to the forums! Have fun and let us know if you have more questions,
-Mai

Message 3 of 53 (15,164 Views)

★ Apprentice
I tried to see if I could get one, but found out I own too many extensions for them to be able to make a bundle.
Could it be possible to have bundles just for objects kits? Because that's basically all I don't have, at the exception of the jungle and the spa extensions.
Or a more mixed formula for the big pack lovers who generally pre-commend them? Because I feel a little left out of this promotion, since I already have much contents.
Message 4 of 53 (14,980 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @Alfatina,

As you have noticed, this is not possible, at least not right now. However, it's always useful to know what you think and what you would want to see change. Thanks for sharing your feedback!

-Mai
Message 5 of 53 (14,953 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Will seasons be able to show up in the create a bundle option? Or will it be left out because it sells very well on its own?

I'm also one of those who have too many exp/gamepacks/stuffpacks to get  a bundle (which is a bit weird since there is actually a whole "ready made" bundle where I don't have any of them yet) and now it kind of feels like I'm being punished for it :S

Message 6 of 53 (14,882 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @samelsurium3,

Sorry for the wait, I had to check that for you, and yes! The Sims 4 Seasons will be added to Build your bundle soon after the release Standard smile

I'm sorry, but I don't understand, could you explain what you mean when you say there's a 'ready made' bundle for which you don't have any of the games?

Cheers,
-Mai
Message 7 of 53 (14,780 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Oh well, impatient me ended up pre-ordering hehe, to excited to wait ! But I know others that will be very happy for that fact Standard smile

Ah, I was talking about the bundle with djungle adventure, toddler stuff and fitness stuff - I had neither of those and "build a bundle" still said I couldn't build anything, but I found those packs together as a bundle on another site? So I ended up buying it from that place but it made me pretty dissapointed to say the least.
Message 8 of 53 (14,775 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Oh, I see @samelsurium3 - that's because you can create a bundle that's a combination of one of each Pack type: Expansion, Stuff, and Game Packs. However, Jungle adventure, Toddler Stuff and Fitness Stuff are two Stuff Packs and one Game Pack.

Seasons is almost here, hope you enjoy it! My Sim got new outfits to be ready for any weather yesterday!

If you want to learn a bit more about the pack from the developers (and help make the wait more fun), you might want to take a look to this stream from a few days ago: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/273603429 - Spoilers, so keep that in mind if you don't want them!

Cheers,
-Mai

Message 9 of 53 (14,769 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I can't seem to make a bundle with Seasons, Jungle Adventures and My First Pet Stuff.

I think it could be because Seasons literally just came out.

Any reason? Those are the only 3 packs I don't own.

I'd like to add that Seasons is officialy out in my timezone.

Message 10 of 53 (14,733 Views)