by Lorraine-Simmer

Original Post

Eating Spicy Festival Curry Does Not Teach the Curry Recipe

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim that doesn't know how to make curry yet eat the spicy festival curry at the spice festival.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims that do not know the curry recipe yet will not learn the curry recipe from eating the spicy festival curry.
What do you expect to see? The spicy festival curry, being a curry, should teach the curry recipe.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm not sure if this is by design or not, but it does feel off to me. I had a Sim who did not know the recipe for curry yet attempt the spicy curry challenge. The Sim in question successfully ate the curry, but did not learn the recipe for curry in the process. If a Sim fails the challenge, and as such not finishing the curry, I could see them not learning the recipe from it, but if a Sim successfully finishes it, then I think they should learn the recipe from doing so. As such, for best possible duplication, I'd suggest having a Sim who doesn't know the recipe for curry yet have the spice hound trait before attempting the spicy curry challenge. 

Message 1 of 12 (1,805 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CL] Eating Spicy Festival Curry Does Not Teach the Curry Recipe

Hero
Still working on this one as I can't seem to get the spice festival.

I am leaning a bit towards feedback on this though and it's really easy to get it the 'usual' way.

Still need to see this for myself.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (1,746 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I'm quite sure that participating in the contest never taught you the recipe. You have to buy a plate or get one for free from the test-the-food table and eat it completely.

Message 3 of 12 (1,744 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Yeah, don't think it was ever different. Doesn't mean it shouldn't so it might be an oversight.

Even if it is a bug, I think we would need a lot more me toos on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (1,733 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yeah, if not a bug, I at least think it's an oversight that wasn't supposed to be by design.

Message 5 of 12 (1,718 Views)

Hero
How much does it bother you though ?

I mean, there's a lot of major bugs that need addressing .. I'd rather see them spend their time on that, tbh.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (1,713 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Oh yes, I'd MUCH rather them be fixing things like the broken townie generator and not entirely fixed alien discovery bug. This isn't particularly bothersome to be compared to most other things.

Message 7 of 12 (1,707 Views)

Re: Eating Spicy Festival Curry Does Not Teach the Curry Recipe

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've tested this now and I mean .. it even has a different name. It's a special festival curry .. Look at it as a secret recipe :D

Really don't think this is a bug and moving this to game info as feedback for now. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (1,672 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Lorraine-Simmer Years later, if you click on the cook... It has all the recipes you've learned. I was looking for how to find the recipe, and figured I'd check all the categories
Message 9 of 12 (607 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@crinrict And adding the spices to the fridge let's them be used is the dishes
Message 10 of 12 (605 Views)