Re: Doctor Career - Analysis Indicates Infection But Sim Is Healthy

by SheriGR

Original Post

Champion

@DolphinSSA You are very welcome! Please visit us again next time you have an issue or problem. 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 11 of 17 (694 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It happened again:

1- Sample analysis strongly indicates the presence of an infectious agent.

2- The treadmill test results indicate a possible ailment.

3- Diagnosis options (Bloaty Head or No Illness)

4- I picked 'Bloaty Head' and the diagnosis was incorrect!

Message 12 of 17 (652 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DolphinSSA Can I please clarify... did you do all of the steps that I mentioned before (see below) and were all of the Mods & CC out of the game when the reoccurrence happened?

Spoiler

Move all of your Mods and CC to your desktop and out of the Sims 4 folder, then clear the cache and run a game repair (see directions below) then see if this fixes the issue. If It fixes the situation you can re-add one at a time to see which one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch.

To find your Mods/CC: Go to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods

Delete cache: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Repair the game: Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game.

Before trying other things or seeing if it could be a bug I would like to make sure that these steps had been done and all Mods/CC were out of the game then the incident occurred. Those factors help a lot in the troubleshooting process. Also, in this case was the patient able to leave and survive without the treatment? Thank you!

Message 13 of 17 (645 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@SheriGR

No, the second time it happened I had not made any change in my game, it was still with custom contents and mods.

I did everything you suggested (removed the CC and mods, cleaned the cache folder and deleted the cache file, and repaired the game) then I played that household again, but during the work time at the hospital that combination didn't happen again. I'll try again when a sim needs to cure patients to get promoted. If the situation happens again I'll post the results here.

Message 14 of 17 (628 Views)

Champion

@DolphinSSA I'm sorry, but I am not sure if I am following completely. When you say 'the second time it happened', do you mean the most recent time it happened? So to clarify - do you have any Mods  or CC of any kind in the game currently - or more specifically, during the time that it happened most recently (which we are currently referring to)?

Message 15 of 17 (620 Views)

★ Guide

@SheriGR Yes, the second time is the most recent occurrence. Yes my game had CC and mods when the second time happened.

Message 16 of 17 (611 Views)

Champion

@DolphinSSA 

Could you please copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' file to your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and localthumbcache file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game and so that the game will re-create the folder. Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. After that, please see if the issue has stopped. Once you have confirmed that the issue does not re-appear without any Mods/CC you can re-add Mods/CC (from the folder on your desktop) one at a time to test, but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also. 

Message 17 of 17 (609 Views)