Re: Doctor Career - Analysis Indicates Infection But Sim Is Healthy

by SheriGR

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Doctor Career - Analysis Indicates Infection But Sim Is Healthy

★ Guide

In the doctor career there comes a time when the sim is supposed to diagnose and treat patients.

The problem was, the doctor analyzed the patient sample and he got this message "The results strongly indicate the presence of an infectious illness."

So, the "No Illness" option should be discarded from the possible diagnosis. But it happened that "No Illness" was the correct diagnosis.

I suppose the analysis report should be at least "inconclusive" or "The results indicate no presence of infectious agents." when the correct diagnosis is "No Illness".

Message 1 of 17 (4,506 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DolphinSSA Hmmm... Well, If it were my game and I noticed a medical-specific glitch/bug I would remove all medical-specific Mods and clear cache and repair the game, then play as usual. If you then notice the issue re-appear, you could then remove all of the rest of the Mods and CC and see if the issue ever re-appears, but if it does re-appear at that point, since it is only an occasional issue and would be difficult to test, you would need to choose whether the issue bothers you enough to just not use all of the mods, or if you were willing to put up with the issue and keep the other mods. Either way I would think any medical-specific mods are the most likely suspect. Perhaps someone will post here that they have the same issue with no mods. We can wait and see what happens. Keep us updated, please. Thanks!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 6 of 17 (4,458 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@DolphinSSA Can I clarify... as I am not sure I am understanding correctly. If the analysis comes out that the patient has a serious infection, it seems to me that 'no illness' would not be an option to choose. Are you thinking that there is an error in how your game/doctor is diagnosing or are you suggesting that there should be a different set of diagnostic options in this type of case and that this is not an error specific to your game/doctor? Do you have any Mods or CC? 

Message 2 of 17 (4,492 Views)

★ Guide

What I mean is:

If there is an infection, the patient is ill. So 'No illness' could not be the correct diagnosis. But in one case in my game it was.

I suppose there is a logic error in the game program allowing the combination of  a positive infection detection in the sample analysis and the 'No Illness' diagnosis.

I do have mods and CC. But as far as I know they don't interfere with how careers work in the game.

Message 3 of 17 (4,479 Views)

Champion

@DolphinSSA 

I would recommend trying a few things and seeing if the issue goes away:

Move all of your Mods and CC to your desktop and out of the Sims 4 folder, then clear the cache and run a game repair (see directions below) then see if this fixes the issue.
If It fixes the situation you can re-add one at a time to see which one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch.

To find your Mods/CC: Go to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods

Delete cache: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Repair the game: Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game.

Please let us know how it goes.

Message 4 of 17 (4,476 Views)

★ Guide

Unfortunately I cannot test that, because I don't know when the proper situation will happen again (analysis = positive infection detection + diagnosis = no Illness)

Message 5 of 17 (4,461 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DolphinSSA Hmmm... Well, If it were my game and I noticed a medical-specific glitch/bug I would remove all medical-specific Mods and clear cache and repair the game, then play as usual. If you then notice the issue re-appear, you could then remove all of the rest of the Mods and CC and see if the issue ever re-appears, but if it does re-appear at that point, since it is only an occasional issue and would be difficult to test, you would need to choose whether the issue bothers you enough to just not use all of the mods, or if you were willing to put up with the issue and keep the other mods. Either way I would think any medical-specific mods are the most likely suspect. Perhaps someone will post here that they have the same issue with no mods. We can wait and see what happens. Keep us updated, please. Thanks!

Message 6 of 17 (4,459 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

From what I understand about illnesses in the game, there's only a few things that can really determine the whole "No Illness" thing:

- The Sim does not have a visible symptom. (Rashes or Cysts, mostly.)
- They only exhibit symptoms that don't affect the external body. (Dizziness, Headaches, Fever) This doesn't mean they don't *actually* have an Illness, it can just be a false positive. You should still test the Sim to make sure they aren't overreacting.

I think the part that bothers me most with patient Sims is that if you spend time watching their symptoms, you'll notice over time the symptom they are exhibiting goes away; this includes visible symptoms like rashes. The game will still treat the Sim as having the illness as far as the career lot goes, but they won't have the moodlet.

In regards to testing samples, using the x-ray, or the treadmill, the dialogue for those tests tends to just simply default to a few types; it would be interesting to see the dialogue for these be a bit more dynamic, kind of like the extra message you get when you test an Alien sim.

I broke down the possible outcomes of each of the Doctor Career object results.

Chemical Analyzer:

- Inconclusive: Failed Use

- Strongly Indicate: Successful Use

X-Ray/Treadmill: (Treadmill gives more progress to diagnosis, but higher chance of failure.)

- Inconclusive/Can't Read: Total Failure

- Inconclusive: Limited Failure

- Detects Presence of Illness: Limited Success

- Detects Strongly Indicate Illness: Total Success

I'd agree though that any sort of indication that the patient is actually healthy would be helpful; I don't think it should be revealed by simple tests (Take Temperature, Scan Body, etc.), but should require use of the Chemical Analyzer, X-Ray, or Treadmill.There's already the time it takes to use those objects that factors into a doctor's decision to run that test, and the chance of the object breaking or just getting a bad result to put everything back to square one.

- B

Message 7 of 17 (4,441 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@burin077  Thank you for the details and information. I discussed this a bit with other helpers and we're feeling these results are most likely by design in the game, but they are going to pitch the thread to EA as feedback. Thank you!

Message 8 of 17 (4,435 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@burin077

"I'd agree though that any sort of indication that the patient is actually healthy would be helpful;"

I would not mind if the Chemical Analyzer result was "Inconclusive" and the patient in the end had no illness. What I deem as unacceptable is when the Chemical Analyzer result is "The results strongly indicate the presence of an infectious illness." and the patient in the end has no illness.

Message 9 of 17 (4,407 Views)

★ Guide

@SheriGR  Yes, I guess I have to put up with it since it was a one time event. But I believe it is good to let the game developers know about what for me is a logical error in the game program.

Thank you all!

Message 10 of 17 (4,403 Views)