Re: Dirty dogs don't become clean after swimming

by CMeki

Original Post

Dirty dogs don't become clean after swimming

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a house and a pool. Make your dog dirty somehow. Then watch your dog swim the pool.
What happens when the bug occurs? Dirty dogs(dirty OR small bugs hopping around the body) didn't become clean after swim. Why they don't become clean?
What do you expect to see? "Swim" is almost equivalent to "wash in the tub".
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure

Message 1 of 3 (851 Views)

Champion

@99publicidentityI agree that a swimming dog should get at least some hygiene replenished (but not as much as one bathed with soap). Frown  I hope EA fixes this! 

As for the bugs (fleas) that sometimes appear on our pets in the game, at least some of those are related to an illness and wouldn't be removed by swimming even if swimming worked at cleaning the pets.  We have to take them to the vet in order to get rid of those bugs. Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (839 Views)

Champion (Retired)

This is the same for sims, the pool doesn't really have that effect! A pool in real life does not really clean you does it? I mean, a little bit maybe, but it's not comparable to taking a shower or bath using soap and whatnot.
"Wash in the tub" requires a sim to use soap and also rub the dog, which naturally has a lot more effect Standard smile

I think it would be immersive if it made sims/dogs cleaner very slowly, but that would also cause a problem as I don't think it should ever be able to "fill" the hygiene-meter to the top, and the system doesn't work like that. :/

Message 3 of 3 (834 Views)