Re: Dine Out: Ideas for Restaurant

by SEREFRAS

Original Post

Dine Out: Ideas for Restaurant

★ Guide

Hello!

I recently bought Dine Out packs and I have to say it's quite fun. But there's some change I want to see and bug I hope to get fixed.

• Bug Customers didn't finish the food: I think this is the reason why this bug happens. When I see customers didn't eat the food on their tables, I guess it's because the food on the tables isn't theirs, it was previous customers unfinished food. When I tried the move away the dish from their tables in Build Mode, the waiter immediately goes to get the tray and serve them. So the problem is caused by previous customers didn't finish their food, and when new customers seat on the same tables, with these unfinished foods, waiters can't put their order on the tables and that's why it looks like customers didn't eat, when the actual problem is the food isn't ordered by them.
    To fix this, I hope to see all customers finish their food.
  • Ability to set shift.
  • Add some mark/label to the requested tables and the dishes. So when we hover over the tables or dishes, we can see which tables and dishes belong to which customers. This is very useful especially to detect if the customers really seat on their tables with their foods on it, not other customers foods which they won't eat it and then sit there forever.
  • Maybe add 1 more waiter?

If there's some grammar error, I'm sorry since I'm not a native English speaker. Standard smile

Message 1 of 4 (544 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@AndyZhang2896 Hello! Standard smile
I think I had this issue a while back and it drove me a little crazy too. I can't exactly remember what I did to fix it, or if the game just fixed itself, but I think one of the things I tried to do was get the Sims to clean the dishes themselves, if that was an option. Can't remember, it was so long ago.
Message 2 of 4 (505 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Cleaning unfinished food cost a lot of time, they won't take all the unfinished foods and stack it just like what they did to empty plates.

Another change/feature I hope to see:

• Customers will always sit down on the requested tables and didn't stand up to chat with others.
  • Customers will leave the restaurant immediately after finishing the foods ((unless interrupted by players, etc). This change is to make the restaurant got higher profit than before, since we have a maximum of 20 sims on a lot, having them stay there, and chatting for too long will prevent new customers to come. (CMIIW)
  • Able to transfer/move employee between restaurants. I want this feature because employees will die one day, and we need to hire a new employee to fill in. If the chef with max skill dies, then low skill chef will replace him/her, hence the menu needs to change to make sure the quality isn't dropping. This isn't fun when you run a 5 stars restaurant (luxury, high end), then suddenly you need to change your menu to cheaper one. So we can have 1 luxury restaurant, and 1 affordable restaurant that used to train employee before sending them to 5 stars restaurant after their skill max.
Message 3 of 4 (465 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It would be nice to have a variety of restaurants, not just the high class restaurant.  Oh well. 

Message 4 of 4 (349 Views)