Re: Dead sims

by mh2artist

Original Post

Dead sims

★★ Novice
I haven't been playing The Sims 4 for a long time but I already noticed a lot of things I find stupid about the game compared to The Sims 2.

The one thing that pissed me off the most is that sims who die when you're not playing that family totally vanishes from the face of the earth. I was playing the kids for a few hours and when I went to visit their parents, the father was nowhere to be found. No urn, and no thombstone. Why is this? Why am I not being notified when sims die? Can this be fixed? It pisses me off so much!
Message 1 of 10 (889 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Instead of just visiting try playing that household and see if he is not there. He might simply not have been home when you visited.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 10 (879 Views)

★★ Novice
Yeah, I did. And he is dead. Checked the relationship bar and he is a ghost. But didn't leave anything behind like a urn or something.
Message 3 of 10 (876 Views)

Hero

Hi @habashabalaba

Urns are only left if you witness death, that's by design hence I moved this to the general forum.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (861 Views)

★★★★ Guide

If you're willing to use a mod, MC Command Center can perhaps be of service in this situation. You can set it so you receive notifications of sim events (birthday/death/etc.) You can easily find the mod in a search. (not providing here since technically Maxis / EA doesn't endorse any mod usage. However, his mod has a very good rep, and the guy behind it is phenomenal)

Message 5 of 10 (848 Views)

★★ Novice
Really?? I tried looking for a solution in MC command center bit I didn't find any! I will do more research and see if it works! Thank you! C:
Message 6 of 10 (834 Views)

Champion

Habashababalaba, this is one reason that I stopped having my grown kids move out in TS4! Devil  I found a way around it, but you have to click on the 3 dots when you move your Sim out and put them in another household in one of the neighborhoods, and then save your game, then go into Manage Worlds and find the household where you moved your Sim to, go back into the moving process and click on the 3 dots again, and this time move out the people you moved you Sim in with but this time mark the Sims moving out as not in the World, and then you will just have your original Sim that you moved out.  Then you have to save THAT game under another name and now you have the original parents, as well as the grown kid's households that are separate and under separate save games. Also, you could just keep them with the household you moved them into with, if you want them to have roomies -- just be sure to save this new household under a different Save Name!  There is a better explanation of how to move members out of a household if you do a search on these forums. This might not be satisfactory for you, but it might be better than nothing!  Or you can try that Mod that the person above me mentioned, but I don't play with mods! Sick  Best of luck! Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 10 (824 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Also, I would like to suggest that, in order to prevent your Sims dying while you are playing in another household or between games, perhaps shutting off "Aging" under your Gameplay Options. This needs to be done while you are in a world screen or game, though, as this option does not apparently show up under Gameplay Options while only on the Main Load Game Screen at start-up.

As far as I know, this should prevent Sims from dying without you seeing it, and prevent dying by aging when you are between games or households.

Sims will still be able to die by accidents, overblown emotional states and getting killed by circumstance.

If you still want a Sim  to age, the birthday cake will age them, and you could always edit the family in CAS (Create a Sim window), and delete that particular character, instead of them dying by old age, but if you do that I don't think you can ever get that Sim back.

Your post was started a while ago, but if you or anyone else is having this problem ATM, you could try looking into an earlier save of the family member that died, and see if you can start up the game from that old save point and make sure they are both saved in MY LIBRARY, and turn aging off in their game by Menu / Gameplay Options / Aging off. I think there are two choices for Ageing off or on, close together.

Message 8 of 10 (641 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank you so much for your answer! I really appreciate it.
Message 9 of 10 (628 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Very welcome. Hope it was helpful.

Message 10 of 10 (617 Views)