Re: DU Question - Can you run multiple households in class simultaneously?

by PugLove888

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DU Question - Can you run multiple households in class simultaneously?

★★★★★ Guide

I don't know if this is a bug or an intended functionality, so I figured I would ask it here rather than waste my time with a frivolous bug report if it's not actually one.

When playing Sims 4: Discover University, I am curious if it was intended to be able to play more than one household simultaneously being in University, or if you must play the same lot the entire degree program through before you swap to another lot. I have a very large amount of Sims, and having to cycle through every single one of my lots and play them repeatedly until they get all the majors they need seems a little extreme, but if that's what was intended, I would like to know so that I can plan for that.

To give an example of what I am talking about, let me demonstrate via a depiction of two households.

Household 1 has two students, both at Britechester University.

Household 2 has one student, at Foxbury Institute.

To get a feel of the game, I would play Household 1 so that I can run both students as they progress through University, and I can work on their coursework.

Household 2 functions autonomously while I am working on Household 1, however it does not do any of its coursework, and eventually ends up on Academic Probation.

Can we not have simultaneous active households that are enrolled in University? It kind of makes the game feel like you must be siloed into one household during the entire duration of your degree; not exactly the all-inclusive feeling I would have expected.

If more description is needed in this, please let me know.

- B

Message 1 of 10 (6,291 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@burin077  My opinion based on my game play is that you can have more than one Sim attend at the same time.
But not more than one household during the same time frame. As both households are your controllable Sims they will not autonomously complete the required coursework. Overall the pack is well done in creating a university experience and several nice features for game-play outside of University.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations

View in thread

Message 4 of 10 (6,228 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@burin077, I don't know for certain either, but I get the feeling that Uni was meant for one Sim at a time, or maybe 2 at most. Thinking Though it is difficult to play 2 Sims in the dorms at the same time, even if they are in the same dorm, from what others have said.  I've only tried one Sim in each dorm so far.  I might do a test with the 2 girls at one of the dorms at UBrite. Wink But it sounds difficult. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 10 (6,262 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@PugLove888 Hey there;

Working on the same lot isn't what I'm looking at in this regard; I was talking about having two separate households enrolled in University. If you focus on one lot at a time, there is no problem, but as soon as you enroll two households in University, if you play one, the other does not have any progress, and usually leads to Academic Probation.

Since I can't tell if this is a bug or simply how it was designed, I posted it as a regular question. Are you supposed to be able to enroll multiple lots simultaneously in University and viably have them all progress, or was it intended for the game to continue story progression of classes even if you're not actively playing the lot?

As I stated earlier, if more description is needed, please let me know.

- B
Message 3 of 10 (6,240 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@burin077  My opinion based on my game play is that you can have more than one Sim attend at the same time.
But not more than one household during the same time frame. As both households are your controllable Sims they will not autonomously complete the required coursework. Overall the pack is well done in creating a university experience and several nice features for game-play outside of University.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 4 of 10 (6,229 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@EuphorialQueen This is the answer I was looking for; if the game was intended this way, I'll have to take my time to work on each lot individually.

A shame it wasn't designed for multiple lots to be attending simultaneously; that would have allowed for some more interesting storytelling with meeting Sims in University.

Thanks for the answer.

- B
Message 5 of 10 (6,215 Views)

Champion

@burin077,Hello! I'm  sorry I misunderstood your question.  Oops  But you got the answer you were looking for so that's great! Standard smile

I almost never play rotationally, so the gameplay style of DU isn't a problem for me.... but I find it odd that they did it this way since most people do play rotationally! ShockedWondering

I guess they wanted players to focus on their college goals much like they would have to do in real life!  The gameplay is challenging, but I'm glad that it is! 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 10 (6,202 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@EuphorialQueen Sooooo it's not intended to play with multiple university students households at the same time... but then there's TWO universities with different dorms, so... we can't let UBrite and Foxbury students attend university at the same time with the concept EA has chosen for this pack? Because they need to live in different households.
And there's also the fact that you can't rotate between households while having uni students enrolled. I think this is a completely failed concept because it's not possible to play this way...
Message 7 of 10 (6,108 Views)

★ Novice

This is very disappointing, I was looking forward to this pack. I play many households and wanted multiple sims to go to university at the same time, in different dorms. What a wasted pack!

Message 8 of 10 (5,781 Views)

★★★ Novice

One way to do this is to first have your soon to be DU students in each household apply for University early in the same week (Sunday or Monday). 

Once they receive their acceptance letters, hold off enrolling until Friday afternoon. Then take first household sim and enroll them on Friday. Use rest of Friday and some of Saturday to complete first set of homework and all of their term papers or presentations. 

Then, once you complete that with the first household sim, rotate to the second household and enroll them and use the rest of Saturday and what you need from Sunday to complete their first set of homework and all of their term papers or presentations for the term. 

Once you've done that, their classes will start on Monday and you'll just need to rotate back and forth to make sure they do their homework each day and work on skills needed for their classes. And, you'll have a little time to do some social things through the week as well. 

Not ideal, but is a way to do rotational play with students from multiple households in DU. Plus, if you take lighter course loads, it will be easier to do. 

Basically always enroll on Friday so you can use that weekend to get their projects done so it's easier to rotate through the week and only need to focus on homework/skills. 

My post is a few months behind, but I hope this helps.

Message 9 of 10 (5,077 Views)

★★★ Novice

Another way I just thought of but have never tried, would be to merge the students, once they receive their acceptance letters in to a new household a place them on a lot with a desk and computer on a Friday. Take turns enrolling each of them into University. And, as long as you are sending them all to the same University in the same dorm, you'll be able to control all of them without having to jump back and forth each day. 

Think I'll give this one a try soon. 

Message 10 of 10 (5,070 Views)