Changing lot sizes Sims 4

by JessNAnt4388

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Changing lot sizes Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

I need help figuring out how to make my lot bigger and how to put a house that I found on a mod on that lot that I have made bigger. PLEASE HELP! Thanks.

Message 1 of 23 (284,284 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Changing lot sizes Sims 4

Hero

You can't make a lot bigger. The size is given. To place bigger houses you need to put them on bigger lots.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 23 (326,584 Views)

All Replies

Hero

You can't make a lot bigger. The size is given. To place bigger houses you need to put them on bigger lots.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 23 (326,585 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok thanks so much. Do you know how to use houses that you get from mods?

Message 3 of 23 (284,156 Views)

Hero

I don't know what you mean by that.

Do you mean houses from other users or do you mean created by SimGurus ?

A mod is a package file you put into your game to change the way your game works. Has nothing to do with houses or short for moderator.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 23 (284,151 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

When you add a house/lot to the gallery, you can import it to your current save by clicking on the button at the bottom right of that lot's window (although that is only available if you have a game loaded already).

If not you can still add it to your gallery (bottom left icon) and once you have loaded your game, you can go back to the gallery and click the import icon on this lot. You will then be prompted to plop the lot onto an existing terrain, so you might end up replacing an existing house, be careful! Wink

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 5 of 23 (284,146 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I to would love to know how to do this. The lots need to be fixed to where they can be made bigger for bigger homes as you find in the gallery. EA should come out with some type of fix that will allow us to be able to do that. In the other Sims Games the lots could be customized to the size you wanted or needed, big mistake in the sims 4!

Message 6 of 23 (250,840 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I absolutely agree!!! To have the choice to subdevide and adjust lots to be bigger also would be amazing!!!!!
Message 7 of 23 (198,597 Views)

★★★ Newbie
You can , however build up and even down adding more storeys/floors to an existing building
Message 8 of 23 (185,526 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I always want to add a pool or more buildings, like a shed or greenhouse. I'm resigned to moving everything to a larger lot, because I don't want to use mods.
Message 9 of 23 (159,827 Views)

Champion

@WildwingSuz, this is one of the reasons why I play with multiple SaveGames! Raised eyebrow  This way I have room for all of the large houses, or large families that I want to play! AngelLarge smile  I also put a lot of houses in New Crest because I don't have to bulldoze existing houses there and there are several larger lots in that neighborhood. Cool  Also, like you, I don't use Mods.  But I have tons of Save Games, and you might not want that many different saves, so a few would work nicely. Standard smile   It does use up more space on your computer, but this method works well for me.  Embarrassed

Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 10 of 23 (159,757 Views)