Changing Sims Between Your Own Housholds

by Lolzarella

Original Post

Changing Sims Between Your Own Housholds

★★★★★ Apprentice

Can you change out sims between your own households? Say I've created three households of three sims each and I want to take a sim from household one and put him in household three, can I do it and if so, how? So far, all I've seen is that you can only swap them out with the NPC sims that come with the game.

Message 1 of 4 (321 Views)

Re: Changing Sims Between Your Own Housholds

★★ Pro

@Lolzarella

Save each of the households to the Library. Then split each sim into their own household. After that, you can select them from the library and add them to the same household.

Save a Sim or Household to the Library:

Enter CAS with the family, either via Household Manager or in Live Mode by clicking a mirror for example. In CAS you can then save the household in the current state to your library (there should be an icon looking like a folder with an arrow I believe).

Message 2 of 4 (312 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, thanks for responding. I looked up adding the households tot he library and did that (not each individual yet though, thanks for that tip) but I can never see them when I'm trying to edit households, all I can see are the NPCs.

Message 3 of 4 (307 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Lolzarella In your game once you enter "Manage Households" you should see two tabs, "My Households" and "Other Households". The households that you save should be found in "My Households" (any household shows up there once you have played or edited it). Also you can move the households between by giving a 'heart' to a household to add them to "My Households" and remove a 'heart' to move a household to "Other Households".

The households you are currently playing will be "My Households"  and if you want to move others into those households you can do it there.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 4 (299 Views)