Re: Celebuserum

by Seleos13

Original Post

Celebuserum

★★ Apprentice

I chose the perk for CelebSerum some time ago (in Sims terms), and I got my Sim up to B-List. I realized then that I had not received a single CelebuSerum in the mail, None. Not daily. None. So, I am wondering if I am missing something on how to get it delivered. Do I need to request it? Is it supposed to just come automatically? Because it isn't. I'm not sure if I am doing it wrong, or if this is a bug/issue with my game.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8 (2,828 Views)

Champion

@Seleos13, do you play with any Mods or Custom Content (CC)?Wondering  If you do, some of it could have become outdated with the last patch/update to the game.

If you use Mods/CC please do the following:

1) Move your Mods folder to your desktop.

2) Delete your localthumbcache.package file in the game folder

3) Fix the game in Origin by logging into Origin and go to your Library, then Right-click on The Sims 4  and choose the option to "Repair Game".  Wait until it fixes all your packs and not just the base game.

4) Now when you turn on your game it will create a new, empty Mods folder.  Check your game to see if that helped, by adding your Mods/CC back one at a time, checking your game each time (unless you really have a lot, in which case the 50/50 Method would be better.)

5) Once you find the outdated Mod or CC, you will have to see if the maker of it has an updated version!   

Also, I have noticed that I won't get my fan mail or other items if my Sim is not at their home lot when it is time for the mail to arrive.  Have you been at home with your Sim when it is time for the mail to come?Wondering

Finally, I check the Bug Report forum and didn't see your exact problem but I did see a similar one:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GF-CelebuSerum-stops-all-mail-after-move/td-p/7488...

Did you happen to have your Sim move after she or he got this perk?Wondering  If so, it could be that you aren't getting any mail, not just the Celbu Serums! Raised eyebrow  If you play your game longer and don't even see bills coming in the mail, then go to the link above and click on the "Me Too" button at the bottom of the first Poster's post and then add your experience in a post at the end of the Bug Report .Angel

And please update us on what you find out! Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 8 (2,801 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the reply.

I don't use any mods. I've fixed/repaired the game already before posting this. I've never moved household. Thanks for that link, too. I had seen it. I did some small amount of research and investigating before I posted this. I find that most issues I have with the game are already out there and solved. 

I have never gotten any fan mail, and I think I am always home when the mail delivers. My sim is an entertainer, so she is in bed asleep every morning when the mail carrier walks by. I'm not entirely sure when mail is delivered, though, so I could be mistaken on that.

Message 3 of 8 (2,789 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Well, Thursday, approx noon, the mail carrier came by and delivered my Sim's first dose of Celebuserum. I'm still not sure what is going on, as my Sim is almost always at home during that time, preparing for work. We'll see how things progress from here.

Message 4 of 8 (2,779 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Seleos13 I usually get them daily. They're mostly an annoyance as I rarely use them. However I did move my sim once and the game stopped sending them.
Message 5 of 8 (2,757 Views)

Champion

I'm glad your game finally started giving you your CelebruSerum! :eahigh_file:  Thank you for trying the suggestions. Hopefully you will continue to get them! Fingers crossed

There is one thing I forgot to suggest that you can keep in mind if something like this ever happens in the future...you can either try to play a celebrity with this perk who lives in another household, or, better yet , try a different Save Game and play a celebrity with that perk in the other save. Wink

Message 6 of 8 (2,746 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PugLove888 I just thought of something... isn't there some kind of re-spec option? Using that might reset it and cause it to start working again. I don't remember exactly but I think it was a phone call to the PR agency?
Message 7 of 8 (2,742 Views)

Champion

@Psychotps, it wouldn't' surprise me if there were, but I haven't played a celebrity in a while, so I don't really remember.Wondering  But it seems that you can reset the rewards/perks with Vampires and Spellcasters, who both have a similar system to Celebrities , so it stands to reason that Celebrities would have this as well.Standard smile. Something to keep in mind in the future. Wink

Message 8 of 8 (2,734 Views)