Re: Career Branches

by EuphorialQueen

Original Post

Career Branches

★★ Novice

Hello

I've been researching for a solution on how to achieve both branches for each career using the same sim without turning to any cheats/mods. Most of the topics I found were years old and had no answer on how to.

So my question is, has anyone found a way to reach both career branches of each individual career with one sim only? My purpose is to unlock the career items first of all, but also to accomplish unlocking everything with one sim only.

Message 1 of 6 (492 Views)

Champion

@JamilaBabe All of the information that I found said it would take a mod or cheat. I think this would be a great request to bring up to EA in the suggestions/feedback area: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/TS4-feedback

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 6 (442 Views)

★★ Novice

Yah exactly. And even so with the mod, from what I read it doesn't fully work. I will write them. Thanks for researching too Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (428 Views)

Champion

@JamilaBabe Thank you for getting back with us and for your appreciation and kind remark. Sorry this was not the result that we were hoping for, but perhaps EA will consider changing this if enough people show interest, so we can hope. Let us know if you have other issues that arise, and happy simming! Standard smile

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 6 (423 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@JamilaBabe Yes I believe you must use a mod.
Message 5 of 6 (406 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@JamilaBabe
Just a thought ...
One way would be to have the Sim quit when they reach the top of their career.
Work thru another career then go back to the first career.
Your Sims "should" start at a lower level than when they quit.
Example: Complete one of the painter career branches. Quit (or switch careers) and join another career.
Once you complete a branch of that career go back to the painter career.
Another thought ... This one gets a bit tricky. You will have two Sims with one being a "clone/twin".
When StrangerVille introduced the Military career I wanted to complete both branches.
My Sim joined the Military career and when they were close to promotion level I saved the game.
He was promoted and selected the military path.
Saved and exited the game.
Going back to the save right before the promotion I saved a copy of my Sim to my library.
This was essentially the same Sim with the same skills etc.
The "clone/twin" was added to the military household (with minor changes like first name to tell them apart) and joined the covert branch.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 6 of 6 (364 Views)