Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot check in by phone - Social Medial Career work task

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs and patches to date
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter Social Media career and attempt to "check in by phone" at any San Myshuno venue. This is a work at home task that cannot be completed.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is no option to check in at any community venue in any world.
What do you expect to see? Be employed in social media career (CL) and use phone to check in to complete assigned task.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Level 10 charisma and level 6 writing. My Sim was recruited {GF job offer} into level 3 Social Media career. There is no option on the phone to check in. Zero mods/Zero CC and tested by deleting entire folder except for a copy of my current save and options. Repair did not correct the issue. Since he started at level 3 I waited until he reported to work {not work from home} at least once. I do not play this career very often but did successfully reach level 10 with another Sim prior to the release of Get famous.

Reference thread appears to be a similar issue:
Old topic December 2016 by  nicola_brownie (no template under The Sims 4 Technical Issues – PC)
Sim in Social Media career but cannot update social media status or check in
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sim-in-Social-Media-career-but-cannot-update-social-me...

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 1 of 20 (5,627 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [CL] Cannot check in by phone - Social Medial Career work ta

Champion (Retired)

@crinrict  @simvasion 
Eureka!

Sim A - Darius born in game was recruited into the Social Media career starting at level 3 via a job offer.
Level 4 - Internet Personality Branch "Status update from venue" seems to replace the check-in option.
Work tasks are focused on jokes and mischief.
--
Sim B - Steven created in CAS and started at level 1 in the Social Media career.
The check-in option finally showed on his phone but the work task did not.
--
Added another Sim to second (Steve) save in another household.
Sim C - Nancy created in CAS and has been on the gallery {not played and has zero skills} for a while.
Started at level 1 in the Social Media career.
When she reached the second level of the career the check-in option became available.
The work task was able to be completed at level 2 of the career.
Nancy Social Media 2 Level Check In Option.jpg

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.

View in thread

Message 17 of 20 (7,409 Views)

All Replies

Re: [CL] Cannot check in by phone - Social Medial Career work task

[ Edited ]
Champion

Are there any social media options on the phone at all? At different levels of social media, the basic "check in" at venue is renamed to something indicating its more powerful effect and increased followers gained - stuff like "Announce Appearance" - it's the same as check in but a super-check in.

Message 2 of 20 (5,570 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@simvasion wrote:

Are there any social media options on the phone at all? At different levels of social media, the basic "check in" at venue is renamed to something indicating its more powerful effect and increased followers gained - stuff like "Announce Appearance" - it's the same as check in but a super-check in.

I have options that came with Get Famous to post on Simstagram and update social media on phone. I did experiment with those options. But none satisfied the task to check in at any venue.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 3 of 20 (5,555 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I also started a brand new save with a newly created Sim. I moved this fresh Sim into a San Myshuno apartment in the art district. He started at level 1 of the social media career. There were two work from home tasks to check in at different venues.  Check in or anything like it did not work and the actual option is not in any category on the phone.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 4 of 20 (5,554 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [CL] Cannot check in by phone - Social Medial Career work ta

Hero (Retired)

I am able to clear tasks "check in at ..." by going to the venue and choosing any of the friendly career-specific interactions like "Discuss Fashion" or "Compliment Outfit". There is never a check-in option on the phone. I cleared it pretty easily by traveling with the sim's fiance and choosing "discuss fashion" when she arrived at the venue. Didn't even have to go inside Standard smile 

I do not have GF, this is only with base game. I have never had a task that says "check in by phone", only to "check in" at specific lots or venues. If the GF task actually says to use the phone, it might be different, but try traveling with someone the sim has a relationship with and choosing one of the career "discuss" options and see if it works. I'm curious as to whether the task says to use the phone specifically. This may be a difference between the base game career and the Get Famous career, which could explain the strange wording in the base game. (It's very confusing and doesn't seem to relate to what the game wants you to do)

Message 5 of 20 (5,531 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@BlackjackWidow this is about the social media career, not the stylist one though. It might be related though. Haven't played either.

@EuphorialQueen was it different before ? Did you have an option on the phone ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 20 (5,523 Views)

Champion
Did you actually create a social media profile on a computer? I can imagine options not being present if you don’t have one.

It’s usually the first thing it tells you to do when joining the career, but if you skipped levels may you forgot about it?
Message 7 of 20 (5,503 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@crinrict Yes it was different before. There was an option on the phone to "check in".

@simvasion In the first instance my Sim already had a social media profile. I will look to see if all the career options are there.

The second instance I created a brand new Sim and immediately had him join the social media career and create the required profile. All the career options show on the computer.

But the check in option is not under any menu on the phone.

Edit: Now I am wondering if the new options may have somehow knocked this one off the phone menu? 

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 8 of 20 (5,487 Views)

Hero
It's very possible that changing it for the stylist career removed it for the social one or both just got bugged in the process.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 20 (5,480 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@crinrict wrote:
It's very possible that changing it for the stylist career removed it for the social one or both just got bugged in the process.

I only briefly played the new free Style Influencer career. I am thinking I will test that one as well just for comparison. 
Not sure if it will be today but soon.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 10 of 20 (5,470 Views)