Cannot Delete Individual Floor Tiles

by Unforgettable33

Original Post

Re: Cannot Delete Individual Floor Tiles

★ Apprentice

That's brilliant thank you, but there is still that extra line of flooring between the first and second set of stairs, how do you get rid of that?

Message 11 of 27 (2,317 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Unforgettable33 I'm not sure that you can. It is possible move the top staircase forward one tile, though. But... because the other stairway is directly above it and there is that tile overlap created by the stairway below, there is no way to draw a room below or above that will target that flooring or ceiling in order to delete it... at least not that I can think of.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 12 of 27 (2,313 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Unforgettable33 I am having the same issue and it's really annoying. I tried to hold down on Ctrl and drag the tiles I wanted deleted, but it does the same thing, deleting every single tile they touch, which was the whole room. I then clicked on the room and resized it, but the floor tiles I wanted gone stayed, floating! But then I was able to use sledge hammer on them to delete those since they were no longer really touching the other tiles anymore.
It's extremely annoying that I can not delete a single tile by itself!! I huge put down for builders.
Message 13 of 27 (2,275 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@sarahholdenriedHoly moly, when I made this reply, my other one, I did not see any of the other replies at all, there was only 2 showing, just 2! Just refreshed and saw there's 12. What is going on here?
My loading is being a pain is what.
But seriously, I had made a room, but it was longer than I needed. In my Sims 3 brain, I go to click to delete. Nope. That's why I then tried holding down ctrl and drag the tiles I wanted gone but again, nope. That deleted all the tiles. So then I resized the room, but the tiles I wanted gone, stayed, floating. Bizarre. But after that I was able to use sledge hammer to delete them. However, now I hope I dont have to run into an issue where I need just one tile removed. It's a shame just using the sledge hammer alone can't remove a single floor tile like how it's been for Sim 1-3.

Message 14 of 27 (2,270 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@sarahholdenried Sorry for your frustration! Can you please go back into the earlier posts on this thread and see that I had added some comments in several replies, information, and a video that may be of some help in order to see methods of deleting flooring in Sims 4, adding flooring, and related processes. Please read through all of the conversation on all of the pages since the first post for context and to get all of the information. Thanks!

Message 15 of 27 (2,262 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I had gone thru and read and watched and spent a few hrs trying to figure it out to get it to work. I had to leave the lot, save game, go back in and the glitch was no more. As I mentioned not even creating a room would make a floor appear like it should.

Not even moving a created room from the ground level and moving it onto the second floor would work as the flooring would vanish. It's an incredibly annoying glitch that happened and I hope it never happens again.

When the glitch stopped I was able to finish my build and decorate it. It's my bookcase looking library. I can't remember what I titled it but it is a base game only library so it should be easy to find in the gallery. It sticks out from the rest, lol.

Message 16 of 27 (2,232 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR Opps, thought this was for the can't place floor tiles. I swear that's what I just saw above!! That's not the first time the title I guess you call it was different than what was being said below it. Loading issue I guess, so very sorry.
Message 17 of 27 (2,226 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@sarahholdenried I'm so glad your issue stopped after leaving the lot/game and returning. This is very true... if something gets buggy sometimes a 'jar' for various types may reset it. This can be as small as pause and play, play a different household sim and go back, or switch to build mode and back to bigger jars like going to build mode or the main menu or exiting the game then returning. Sometimes even repairing the game, resetting a sim (if it is a sim that is glitching) or moving the item to the library and loading it into a new save. And that is just some of the methods. Anyway, I am so glad to hear that you found that leaving the lot fixed the issue and that you were ale to complete your build. Enjoy and happy simming! :eahigh_file:

Message 18 of 27 (2,216 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know the sims 4 build mode is so bad sims 2 and 3 had a way better way. if you didn't want a floor or wall just hold control and trace over it with the wall or floor tool. Now you have to use the stupid sledgehammer tool which only delete 1 wall at a time or all the floor in the room why did they have to change something that wasn't broken in the first place.

Message 19 of 27 (2,154 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@acronym888 

This works the same in The sims 4. The sledgehammer is just an additional tool.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 20 of 27 (2,137 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help