Re: Can't submit photo for approval in MSP + frame bug?

by Mysteek220065

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@AshtonCDsouza wrote:

Ok I had the same problem too. When I took out my entire mod folder the problem wasn't there anymore.

So I did the 50-50 method and found out that it was LittleMissSam's Random small mods. Within that remove the mod package file that relates to making Photos Storable. 

If it's not this mod then it's definitely some mod that affects photos or frames. 

Hope this helps. 

I don't have that mod either. Can you submit photos off your home lot?

Message 11 of 22 (1,239 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

No I can't. It works only on my home lot. I'll test the issue without mods and update you.

Edit: The issue still exists after removing all mods. The devs will probably fix it with a patch.

Message 12 of 22 (1,231 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I forgot to share an update on my problem, but I got it solved! I had the same LittleMsSam mod, and now after I removed that I can complete the gigs, yay!! 

Don't know why it didn't work yesterday even when I did the 50/50 method and completely moved my mods folder.. :/

Message 13 of 22 (1,226 Views)

Champion

@suzyybuzyy@AshtonCDsouza@Latebricole69420 , and @BernhardinaH , If you remove your Mods folder, it is also good practice to delete the localthumbcache.package file in the game folder, and then repair you game in Origin.  This is to clear out any bits of the mods/CC that might remain even if you remove your Mods folder. Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 14 of 22 (1,207 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same, I built a badass photo studio, shame I can't do all of my work from there Frown It really looks like an oversight, hopefully they will fix it in a patch soon!

Message 15 of 22 (1,200 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

I heard that it's by design that photos can only be submitted from home.  Similar to how books, songs, and crystals are submitted from home.  That said, I understand that this may be confusing for photos since there is no in-game messaging about this restriction.  I will send this feedback to the team.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 16 of 22 (1,181 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@SimQARobo wrote:

Hello.

I heard that it's by design that photos can only be submitted from home.  Similar to how books, songs, and crystals are submitted from home.  That said, I understand that this may be confusing for photos since there is no in-game messaging about this restriction.  I will send this feedback to the team.

This is a baffling oversight. I can't believe it shipped in this state. Please. Let it be known this needs to be overhauled. A photo studio lot type that can act as a 'home away from home' for the purposes of Freelance photography should have been in from the beginning.

At the very least, all Freelancer actions should be doable from anywhere in the world, photos should not take days to return after being accepted (sometimes not arriving in time for the deadline!!), and approved photos should be delivered directly to your phone or character rather than your mailbox or home inventory. The job should complete once the photo is accepted by the client, not after you upload to fashion simstagram. The uploads to simstagram should happen before you submit to the client.

Message 17 of 22 (1,175 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I had the same problem.  No option to submit the photos.  My Sim was at their retail business,  went home and the submit option appeared for the photos.

Message 18 of 22 (1,102 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem, same solution. My sim took photos on a public lot and could not submit them for approval. He went to his home lot and now the option is there. Btw: I have lots of mods running and cc in my game - I did not remove anything to get this result.

Message 19 of 22 (1,050 Views)

★ Novice

OH MY GOD!!!! I was struggling with this issue for 2 days! Thank you for suggesting to go home, my studio is on a retail lot too and that was the problem thank you so much!!!

Message 20 of 22 (993 Views)