Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Can't place Trim in curved floor

by SheriGR

Original Post

Can't place Trim in curved floor

★★★★ Novice

Can't place trim in a curved floor, anyone can't help me with this? It's the first time that happened to me.

Message 1 of 2 (73 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Can't place Trim in curved floor

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@HugoBellucci I have not ever made a curved floor and wasn't aware this could be done (is this a mod? ...if not, I would love to know how you do it), but I have found that there are areas of the building that will not let me add certain trims. I have found this is the case with friezes, exterior trims and even sometimes spandrels in my builds. So, sometimes I am not able to use a trim I would like on a building because it will not apply to all of the areas that I want it to. If this is the case, it is possible that this curved area is one of those types of areas. 

My typical solution is that I test what will work and if it will work in all areas I need it to be consistent for the design. Then I typically modify what I end up adding to fit what the game is willing to 'trim' in the way I want. Occasionally I do find that if I modify the area the trim will work then. This can include design modification, checking if there is a remnant you were not aware of of a previous wall/roof/etc. 'designated area' in the builder even though the wall/roof/etc. was deleted. Sometimes re-tracing (with the wall tool) that area's wall or re-tracing the area above, moving a wall to where the trim will go to then back to where it was, etc. can correct this and the trim will then work, etc. A bit of a dance. Frustrating. Very.

Message 2 of 2 (51 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help