Can ghost children be taken by social workers?

by Kompletionist92

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can ghost children be taken by social workers?

★ Apprentice

I have made a family full of ghosts (Grim was very busy that night) and I noticed that young Casper is still expected to go to school.

If I just have him skip school, will he be taken away despite already being dead?

Message 1 of 10 (2,615 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can ghost children be taken by social workers?

★ Apprentice

Okay, so I can confirm that ghost children can be taken away just the same as living children, which is bizarre.

The more we know, though.

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (2,515 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@Kompletionist92, that is an excellent question! Raised eyebrow  I've never had a ghost child in TS4.  But according to Carl's Sims 4 Guide, if a living child stays home from school their grades will decay until they drop to an "F", and then they get an Embarassed moodlet for a at least as long as they are a child (assuming they don't raise their grade by going to school again!).  When they become a teen, their grades reset at a "C".

So it doesn't look like the Social Worker will take children away for skipping school. Wink That must be reserved for if you neglect the child's needs! Shocked  But if you neglect a ghost child's "needs", then I would assume they could possibly be taken away, but I couldn't find any information on itConfused .  If I find out anything , I'll let you know! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 10 (2,598 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Thanks for the reply. Standard smile

I think I will intentionally neglect him and have him skip school, just to see what happens. Y'know, for science!

Message 3 of 10 (2,586 Views)

Champion

@Kompletionist92Large smile yes, I also love to experiment with the Sims.! Nerd But I hate when the Social Worker takes away Sim children Devil, so I avoid it.  But please reply back with your findings... I'm curious but I don't have any ghost children to try it out with right now! Wink

Message 4 of 10 (2,559 Views)

★ Apprentice

I will certainly post my results here for anyone else curious. I'm going to do it on a seperate save so that I don't lose Casper permanently.

Message 5 of 10 (2,549 Views)

★ Apprentice

Okay, so I can confirm that ghost children can be taken away just the same as living children, which is bizarre.

The more we know, though.

Message 6 of 10 (2,516 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Good to know. Thank you for this information. I have one family of ghosts on the gallery just for fun.

They certainly are a challenge to style in CAS. And they can never be aged up in game. A perpetual school age child would not be much fun LOL

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 7 of 10 (2,509 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Kompletionist92, thanks for the info! Heart  What caused Casper to be taken away?Wondering It does seem funny since ghosts don't really have bodies, so in my opinion the only neglect a Ghost can have is Social neglect.Raised eyebrow But that is just my logic on the matter, and obviously the game developers had other ideas!Large smile  Thanks for the picture too! Angel

@EuphorialQueen, I might have to download your Ghost family from the Gallery! Cool

Message 8 of 10 (2,499 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Casper was taken away because I refused him food for days, the social services don't seem to mind skipping school, or even non-existent hygiene as long as they get to eat every so often.

I agree though, all needs (except social) should be frozen upon death, not just death by Strangerville plant thing.

Message 9 of 10 (2,489 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EuphorialQueen Yes, the expectation to maintain grades on a child that will never age up is a bit annoying, though you can age them up by reviving them with Ambrosia, having them blow out candles, then killing them again.

I mostly made this family for the trophy (which didn't pop!) and so my living child Sims could befriend Casper the Friendly Ghost.

Message 10 of 10 (2,472 Views)