Calendar and Star Light event glitch

by breathee16

Original Post

Calendar and Star Light event glitch

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP, all GP except Vampires, all SP except my first pet and toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Calendar and star light accolades event.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim is not able to attend the award ceremony because each time the event is near - day turning from Sunday to Monday when the event is supposed to happen, it disappears from the calendar and I have to wait for another year and it continues to disappear.
What do you expect to see? I want to attend the event as my sim has been in the nominees several times and cannot win (hence also complete the milestone in the acting career)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I think it was the last patch because before the update it worked fine.

Please be so kind and check this issue. Thank you

Message 1 of 17 (3,016 Views)

Re: Calendar and Star Light event glitch

[ Edited ]
Hero

HI @breathee16

the event is taking place on Sunday at 6pm to 11 pm. Is that when you're checking ?

If you wait till Monday, it's over already.

Sims.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (3,005 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

HI,

sorry, I meant Sat to Sun... either way there were notifications popping up about the event starting and other sims winning the awards even when I didn't attend and it's just not happening anymore. 

Message 3 of 17 (2,994 Views)

Hero
I never got any of those. Thought you only get them if you don't have seasons (at least that's what I've heard).

If you go there, do you get them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (2,989 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I quit the game and started it again, I attended the event and funnily enough, the sim which is on global superstar level didn't win and her daughter who's barely famous won two awards.

Thanks for the quick replies, I think we can close this topic. Standard smile
Message 5 of 17 (2,977 Views)

Hero
I'll try to find more info as I'm totally unsure

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (2,972 Views)

Hero
I'm moving this to game info.

In my experience the following happens

- If you don't have the calendar (aka seasons), you get a message when the accolades take place (maybe an invite ?)
- If you have the calender, it will show there and you have to just got. You might get a message that you're nominated though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 17 (2,948 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same trouble. My sim published a book Sunday afternoon and it was nominated for an award. My sim is standing outside the venue at 7pm Sunday evening. I had no pop up to say it's starting. No host is there and the ceremony is not showing up on the calendar. 

Message 8 of 17 (2,536 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Just go in and take a seat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 9 of 17 (2,524 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I stayed there until gone 11pm and nothing happened.

Message 10 of 17 (2,518 Views)