Re: CC/Mods disabled

by Redox1984

Original Post

CC/Mods disabled

★★★ Newbie

in this new update all my mods and cc had to be deleted or my game wouldnt start Frown I love playing with Mods!! Does anyone know how to get CC/Mods with the new update??

Message 1 of 4 (653 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Ari0628

What game are you talking about? The Sims? Which one?

If it is The Sims 4:

If you have mods in the game and it works better by removing them, you can try some different things to sort out the ones not working:

• If your problem occurred after a certain mod haul, remove all these new mods (see if the game works), and then add back a few at a time, restarting the game in between until you see the problem occurring again. Remember that you can possible have several broken mods.
  • If the problem started after the latest patch/update, always make sure to update your mods when you update your game. Check this list out for some mods that were broken in the C&D-patch! A few others have been broken after but not so many that there is a list.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017
  • Download Sims 4 Studio and do batch-fixes for your cc.
  • Search for the Mod Conflict Detector on google and run it, see if it can detect some broken/conflicting mods, remove these and try your game again. (Only detects conflicts between mods, not between mods and the game)
  • Like the first "solution", but for all your mods. Remove all and put back some at a time to find broken ones (last resort if you have like 1000 mods).

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 4 (620 Views)

★★★ Newbie

On this topic, I am also having trouble playing with a MOD version of C&C Generals Zero Hour v1.04. Windows 10 doesn't allow me to install and run the older version from my CD's. I have an original copy and then resorted to buying the one from Origin as a fix posted from another forum.

It worked great until I installed my MOD. It was a shockwave v1.2 or v1.1 MOD if that matters. Neither worked. It now askes me to input the CD into the drive. Haha. It's in there, just because I have one ironically! ...and its not recognised either.

Feel like at this point I have tried everything to get the MOD to work. Before this I have been experimenting with the install from my CD version. I just cant get this to run on windows 10 not matter what I try. Just to give you an idea of what I have tried...

https://windowsreport.com/command-and-conquer-generals-windows-10/ 

I have no doubt removing the MOD will fix my issue with origins 1.1 version of the game so I don't need help with that.

but I was wondering if anyone out there knew a potential fix for MODDING this game through the origin version? 

Message 3 of 4 (547 Views)

★★★ Newbie
If anyone reading this managed to achieve this ^^ install with no issues please post to let me know so I keep trying. Thanks,
Message 4 of 4 (437 Views)