Re: CC Bathtubs Disappearing

by DayDreamer0215

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CC Bathtubs Disappearing

★★★★ Apprentice

Hello, 

I have run into an issue with cc bathtubs only. They immediately disappear after I place them build mode. Existing cc bathtubs that were placed before this issue occurred remain in my game. I have downloaded and run S4S and the batch fixes, but they did not fix my issue. Does anyone have any other advice? Note - I could place my bathtubs earlier, but after I clicked "Undo" they all now have invisibility issues. 

Message 1 of 7 (17,101 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR Hi! Thanks for the reply! I also took to Sims 4 Studio for a solution and I found a fix for the issue. I just had to edit something for each and every bathtub. Standard smile

I am just to post what the current fix is here (credit to aldavor on S4S).

What I've done as a fix (and my CC baths all function fine) is to open the bath in S4S and select the Rig type. Edit items on the Bones segment, then select b__subroot__0, click Copy and rename it to b__subroot__1. Save the package and it works fine for me.

Read more: http://sims4studio.com/thread/17446/cc-bathtubs-disappearing?page=1&scrollTo=126325#ixzz5rhlxLHbA

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (16,955 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@DayDreamer0215 

It's possible that your CC maker's fix did not entirely fix the issues. You may want to keep checking with them about additional updates they make. Also, do you have any other Mods/CC?

Unfortunately, the large patch/update brought in many changes. These types of changes effect many aspects of the game. Mods and CC involve code that can sometimes clash with the updated game code, and even cause damage, if not properly updated to match the new changes in the game's codes. Even after you remove the Mods/CC, sometimes damage can linger in the game code that can be addressed by removing cache and repairing. I would recommend that you do the following in this order:

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game and so that the game will re-create the folder.
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the basegame first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). After that, please see if the issue has stopped.

If It fixes the situation I would recommend that you check with the Mod and CC creators to see if there are any known issues with their Mod/CC clashing with the update and if so do they have an updated Mod/CC that will address the changes in the game's code from the update. You can then re-add your updated Mods/CC one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 7 (17,011 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR Hi! Thanks for the reply! I also took to Sims 4 Studio for a solution and I found a fix for the issue. I just had to edit something for each and every bathtub. Standard smile

I am just to post what the current fix is here (credit to aldavor on S4S).

What I've done as a fix (and my CC baths all function fine) is to open the bath in S4S and select the Rig type. Edit items on the Bones segment, then select b__subroot__0, click Copy and rename it to b__subroot__1. Save the package and it works fine for me.

Read more: http://sims4studio.com/thread/17446/cc-bathtubs-disappearing?page=1&scrollTo=126325#ixzz5rhlxLHbA
Message 3 of 7 (16,956 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@DayDreamer0215 Great detective work!  Did you also check their website? The creators of the CC may currently, or soon, have an updated version. If/when they do I would recommend updating in case there turns out to be any additional conflict that arises, or that you haven't noticed yet. Anyway, I'm glad it fixed the issue for you!Standard smile

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 7 (16,950 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, guys

the new version of S4S (Sims4Studio_v3.1.2.6) fix the bathtubs's issue including Island pack.

Just open the "content manager", choose "bacth fixes" - objects - fix CC bathtubs (Island Adventures).

Works fine for me. The bathtubs don't disappear anymore.

Message 5 of 7 (14,911 Views)

★★ Novice

I did that and i still have some bathtubs that wont work but they are shower/tub combos. I am not confident enough to try and fix it myself in S4S.

Message 6 of 7 (13,229 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I was just wondering where to find the Rig type in S4S.

Message 7 of 7 (5,581 Views)