Brand New Sims 4 Cheat NOT WORKING

by XxCrassLassxX

Original Post

Re: Brand New Sims 4 Cheat NOT WORKING

Champion

@AbC2812a2189011 Did you try the things in the post marked as the solution (with the black checkmark at the beginning of this thread)?

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 21 of 44 (2,209 Views)

★★★ Newbie

After the most recent sims 4 update whenever i open the cheat box my screen grays out and i cant play the sims anymore but i can still see my world or house i was building. I have to force close the game just to start over. Can anyone help?

Message 22 of 44 (2,150 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Keiz_Keiz91  Since this thread was started EA changed the way the cheats screen behaves (in the August 2019 patch), and for some people who have certain Mods it also seems to be freezing up. Pressing “Control+Shift+C” or hitting the ‘Escape' button while your cursor is in the cheat box should close the cheat box plus remove the translucent overlay. If the overlay remains you may have a Mod(s) that needs to be removed or updated. Please refer to the bug report at the link below. (You can also 'me too' that bug if report if this is the issue you have):

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Cheats-that-require-clicking-on-Sims-don-t-work/td-...
If you have Mods please test if they are causing the issue as follows: (click spoiler tag to open directions) 

Spoiler
  • Exit your game then exit Origin. Please copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game and so that the game will re-create the folder.
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). After that, please see if the issue has stopped.

If it was Mods/CC: If this fixes the issue I would recommend that you check with the Mod and CC creators to see if there are any known issues with their Mod/CC clashing with the recent update and if so do they have an updated Mod/CC that will address the changes in the game's code from the update. You can then re-add your updated Mods/CC one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Message 23 of 44 (2,137 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @Keiz_Keiz91 

If you're not worried with a few mods, Twisted Mexi has made a short term mod fix for this for people affected by the glitch: "a recent patch caused the cheat console to block all game input when it is open. This is just a small mod to undo that until the next patch. SimGuruNick has already stated it wasn't intentional"  & you can find it and more info at the Mod Trackeror at Twisted Mexi's Patreon. 

Hope this helps,

Sasha

Message 24 of 44 (2,099 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

2 issues:  1 i don't care what i do i cannot get ANY mods to work in my SIMS 4... any suggestions ? i've done the cheats, testing, etc. thingy.. nada.

AND

2. anyone else have this: The volcano on the Island IS NOT erupting.. at all. nada.  nothing. no idea what to do; tried the cheat for the volcanic eruption large and small .. does not do a thing.

3. tried using the romance cheat.. again.. nothing...

HELP. thanks,

Message 25 of 44 (2,068 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@kittikitti 

1. Please try the following without skipping any steps, even if you have done any of them previously (click the spoiler tag to open instructions):

Spoiler

•  Exit your game then exit Origin. Please copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game and so that the game will re-create the folder.
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). After that, please see if the issue has stopped.

After all of the above is fixed, please read through this thread to find out which Mods/CC have been found to freeze up games when entering cheats.

2. Please also read this post for instructions on how to enter cheats and to learn the changes in the games behavior since the last patch when entering cheats. (See the first comment on this thread for this information - the one marked as solution.)

3. Please see if the volcano issue (not erupting) goes away without the Mods/CC in the game.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Message 26 of 44 (2,064 Views)

Champion

@kittikitti, even if you cant' get your Mods to work in your game, they still could be preventing your volcano from erupting. (I have no Mods or CC in my game and my volcano erupts).  Please follow the instructions that @SheriGR suggested, and reply back with the results ! Fingers crossed

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 27 of 44 (2,042 Views)

Re: The new update is not complete...

★★★★★ Novice

I have the Xbox console and the only way it worked for me was to do a blank search

Message 28 of 44 (1,963 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What about console?

Message 29 of 44 (1,779 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Stevesome1 

The cheats also work on consoles.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 30 of 44 (1,772 Views)