Black streaks in hair

by shondabae143

Original Post

Black streaks in hair

★★★ Novice

Ok so my sim has red hair as you see in the pic but every hair style and color gives her this black streak that won’t go away she’s the only person this happens to I tried a lot of things like removing my mods, restarting my game nothing helps have this happen to someone before? I’m thinking I’m the only one because no one ask this question before can anyone help.. And suggestions?

Message 1 of 12 (3,043 Views)

Re: Black streaks in hair

[ Edited ]
Champion

@shondabae143 Please, even though you have tried removing the Mods before, etc., try doing it again in exactly this manner following every step in the order directed:

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game and so that the game will re-create the folder.
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). After that, please see if the issue has stopped.
    (If It fixes the situation you can re-add your mods/cc one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.)

Please let us know how it goes.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 12 (3,033 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry for responding late but nope nothing still didn’t work for it 

Message 3 of 12 (2,976 Views)

Champion

@shondabae143 Did you try doing all of the steps I mentioned again, even if you had done them (or any of them) before? If did do all of these steps again, could you please go to 'Game Options' at your game's Main Menu and set your Graphics Quality to "Ultra"? Then please save, quit your game, then delete the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game.

Please let us know if the issue persists with this setting in place. Thanks!

SheriGR Coffee cup I play on Mac, no Mods or CC, & backup daily. I don’t work for EA.

• Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread or bug report has this button
  • XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')

Message 4 of 12 (2,958 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried the first one you mentioned like 2 times but I will try again and then see if it’s the same results I’ll try the second and let you know what’s going on

Message 5 of 12 (2,951 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@shondabae143 Is the hair a mod? Do you have any other mods?

Sometimes that will happen with a bad CC like hats or jewlery. Try taking the sim into CAS and remove anything else like hats or jewlery.
Message 6 of 12 (2,942 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@shondabae143 If the settings is not the issue and the issue persists after trying that, please upload the Sim to the gallery and I can have a look in my game. Just post here the exact name of the household in the gallery, plus include your EA gallery ID. Thanks!

Edit: I have just been made aware of a previous thread that seems like it could be your issue. Please read through the posts there and the accepted solution to see if it works for you. If it does please 'me too' that post. Thanks!! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/The-Sims-4-CC-Hair-Blonde-Streaks-Bug-FIX/td-p/5069642

Message 7 of 12 (2,928 Views)

★★★ Novice

Do you have laptop mode on? If so; turn it off and relaunch.

Message 8 of 12 (2,886 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Go into your EA Sims 4 files & delete all your mods, then check your gaming drives to  make sure there's no mod copies, empty your recycle bin, go on Origin,  click your Sims 4, select repair.

Once that's done, restart the computer & go into game.  Hopefully there won't be any more problems. 

Message 9 of 12 (2,851 Views)

★★★ Novice

Actually what you said I think it was the problem I think I had a mod that wasn’t working with my sim and it made her like that I deleted most of the mods that I wasn’t familiar with the creator and that helped my issue thank you so muchh

Message 10 of 12 (2,825 Views)