Best pc for the sims 4 with the highest settings A LOT OF MODS & expansion packs

by kasimmer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Best pc for the sims 4 with the highest settings A LOT OF MODS & expansion packs

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

would like a new pc for the sims 4 only I have a lot of mods and all the expansion packs I don’t know ANYTHING about specks and computers but price isn’t an issue I just want the best possible gaming pc (not a laptop a pc) that I can have all expansion packs a lot of mods and ultra high settings (the picture is the settings I want my game to be on I also want my game to be REALLY SMOOTH) plz help me thx! 

Message 1 of 28 (54,210 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Best pc for the sims 4 with the highest settings A LOT OF MODS & expansi

@kasimmer  Under $900 can certainly be done.  The lowest I'd go in a desktop is actually $640, with the minimum graphics card needed to always run TS4 on ultra settings:

https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-Archangel-Gaming-Computer-Desktop/dp/B07JYF2394

That doesn't account for having lots of custom content though.  You could get a better graphics card and otherwise the same hardware for $750:

https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-Blaze-Gaming-Computer-Desktop/dp/B07RHBLV7F

An even better graphics card, one that's kind of overkill for TS4 (even with lots of cc), is the Nvidia 2060.  This model is the cheapest decent computer I could find with a 2060.  It has a slightly weaker processor than the above models, but nothing that would make a difference to TS4.

https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-Azure-Computer-Desktop-GeForce/dp/B07NV1PY1L

These models are all from SkyTech, which sells computers with good quality flashy parts (processor, graphics card, hard drive) paired with mediocre internal components (motherboard, power supply, cooler).  To get higher quality overall, you'd need to pay a bit more.  For example, a prebuilt CyberpowerPC desktop with the same processor and graphics card as the first SkyTech I listed is $700 instead of $640:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-5-2600-8gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-5...

A custom build from Cyberpower with all high-quality parts, and the same processor and a slightly better version of the same graphics card, would be $741, but unlike the others, you'd get 16 GB RAM instead of 8.  Also, you wouldn't get free shipping, so that's something to consider.  This is just so you can think about what you want in a desktop.  There are a lot more models to consider if you don't just want the cheapest option.  Let me know what you're looking for, and I'll find a few models that fit the bill.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 8 of 28 (54,066 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@kasimmer  First of all, what country are you in?  Prices vary a lot, as do the sellers.  The examples below are for the U.S., since I know that market the best, but I can find options in other countries as well.

Price might not matter to you, but it would only take about $950 U.S. before tax to get what you're describing.  That would buy a high quality desktop (monitor not included) that will handle all of TS4, now and for the entire run of the game, on the highest graphics options, with a bit of room to spare.  I say "about" because there's a different sale everyday on the custom build site I'm looking at, so the lowest price will depend on what's offered that day.

You could actually spend even less money by getting a prebuilt model, maybe less than $850.  The disadvantage is that while the flashy parts—processor, graphics card, maybe hard drive—are fine, some of the other components will be the cheapest options and perhaps not hold up as well as you'd like.  The other disadvantage is that it would be more difficult to upgrade one or two parts later.  Still, if you plan to just get a whole new computer in a few years, it's a reasonable way to go.

On the other side of things, you could spend more money on a better graphics card, one that wouldn't be necessary for Sims 4 but would help with other games, if you're ever interested.  There are too many options to summarize, so this becomes a question of how much you want to spend.

Finally, how much storage do you want?  You don't need to know absolute amounts; just you give me an idea of what you'd like to store on this computer besides TS4 (movies, Photoshop, other games, etc.).  I can add an extra drive in a custom build if necessary, or try to find a prebuilt model with enough storage already added in.

If you have any questions about specs, feel free to ask.  And please let me know your preferred budget, even if you're theoretically willing to go over it.

Message 2 of 28 (54,177 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes I do live in the US and can you tell me a bit about the website you were referring to i would like to see that also I do plan on doing other things on the computer such as ( making my own custom content playing other games etc.) so I do think I need a quite bit of space and I do want to keep this computer for Quite some time thank you for helping me!

Message 3 of 28 (54,171 Views)

@kasimmer  The website I was looking at is CyberpowerPC.  Among the companies that do custom builds, it has the best combination (in my opinion) of price, good selection, and build quality, as in, you're less likely to get a computer that's put together incorrectly.  This is always a risk if you pay someone else to build the computer, but it sounds like you're not at the point where you'd want to assemble one yourself.  Here's the site:

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/company/warranty.aspx

For people willing to spend the money, there are two major advantages to getting a custom build.  The first, as said before, is that the components you've never heard of will be much higher quality.  This means that, for example, the power supply will be more reliable, the motherboard will have more ports and slots, and the processor cooler will be more efficient.

The effect of this leads to the second major advantage, which is that you can upgrade one component, like the graphics card, without replacing anything else about the computer.  So if you decide in two or three years that you want to play some exciting new game that your current card can't handle, you don't need to go out and buy an entirely new system, you just swap the cards and download new drivers, and you're good to go.

Given what you've described, it sounds like your best bet is to get a processor that's somewhat overpowered, so it'll last you a long time, and a graphics card that's good enough but not the most expensive models.  The technology in the cards is improving so quickly these days that it's kind of a waste of money to pay extra to futureproof beyond a certain point, since you'll be able to get a better card for cheaper in a couple of years anyway.  Please let me know though what other games you're looking at—I can check their recommended specs and make sure the card will support the highest settings.

As for storage, it's easy to add a large secondary hard drive to a custom build, and it's also easy to install another drive if and when you decide you need one.  So it's not really critical to know exactly how much space you want; a rough estimate will do fine.

Message 4 of 28 (54,154 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So I was looking at computers and was wondering if this was a good computer?

https://www.pcrichard.com/CyberPowerPC/CyberPowerPC-Gamer-Ultra-GUA620-with-AMD-FX-6300-3-5GHz-8GB-R...

Message 5 of 28 (54,112 Views)

@kasimmer  No, sorry, it's not.  The processor is less than ideal, although it should be fine if you don't run anything else while playing TS4.  More problematic is the graphics card.  It would certainly not be capable of running TS4 on ultra graphics settings, or even high settings once you start adding in expansion packs.  (And that doesn't include any custom content.)  This computer is an older model—the processor was released in 2012, the graphics card in 2014—and while it was okay if not particularly strong back then, it's certainly not the system you want to buy now.

Again, I'd be happy to help you look for desktops that fit your needs.  It sounds though like you have an ideal price in mind, and it would be helpful for me to know what that was.  Or, if you prefer, I can just write out some specs so that you can look yourself.  Just let me know.

Message 6 of 28 (54,099 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

It’s ok but do you think you could recommend a certain computer for me that would fit what I’m looking for? Thank you😊 

(P.S:: I do think that a reasonable price would be anything under around $900 I decided I certainly don’t want to go to big just for a computer)

Message 7 of 28 (54,080 Views)

@kasimmer  Under $900 can certainly be done.  The lowest I'd go in a desktop is actually $640, with the minimum graphics card needed to always run TS4 on ultra settings:

https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-Archangel-Gaming-Computer-Desktop/dp/B07JYF2394

That doesn't account for having lots of custom content though.  You could get a better graphics card and otherwise the same hardware for $750:

https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-Blaze-Gaming-Computer-Desktop/dp/B07RHBLV7F

An even better graphics card, one that's kind of overkill for TS4 (even with lots of cc), is the Nvidia 2060.  This model is the cheapest decent computer I could find with a 2060.  It has a slightly weaker processor than the above models, but nothing that would make a difference to TS4.

https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-Azure-Computer-Desktop-GeForce/dp/B07NV1PY1L

These models are all from SkyTech, which sells computers with good quality flashy parts (processor, graphics card, hard drive) paired with mediocre internal components (motherboard, power supply, cooler).  To get higher quality overall, you'd need to pay a bit more.  For example, a prebuilt CyberpowerPC desktop with the same processor and graphics card as the first SkyTech I listed is $700 instead of $640:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-5-2600-8gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-5...

A custom build from Cyberpower with all high-quality parts, and the same processor and a slightly better version of the same graphics card, would be $741, but unlike the others, you'd get 16 GB RAM instead of 8.  Also, you wouldn't get free shipping, so that's something to consider.  This is just so you can think about what you want in a desktop.  There are a lot more models to consider if you don't just want the cheapest option.  Let me know what you're looking for, and I'll find a few models that fit the bill.

Message 8 of 28 (54,067 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I really appreciate your help dealing with me 😊 I ended to go with the cyber power thank you so much
Message 9 of 28 (54,064 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@kasimmerDid you find any problems with Cyberpower (assuming that your pc has come and you’ve tested it out)?

edit: I’m asking because I’m planning on buying a gaming pc from there too but have looked through loads of bad reviews and it’s slightly put me off :/

Message 10 of 28 (53,988 Views)