Re: Are you able to buy expansions on a phone without any issues?

by AnEndlessOcean

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Are you able to buy expansions on a phone without any issues?

★ Apprentice

I currently don’t have a laptop but already have an Origin account with Sims 4 in my game library as well as a bunch of packs already attached to the game. Considering there is a pretty nice sale going on in the Origin store for all packs, is it a possibility to buy these packs on my phone in advance so that once I have my laptop they’ll be waiting for download? Or would I run into issues?

Message 1 of 6 (541 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

If you're accessing Origin via the origin.com website from your phone, and able to log into your account, you should be okay to do that. I've been able to check my purchased game history from my phone, though I've never had to make a purchase yet. I've tested it at least via different internet browsers (Such as purchasing via Firefox or Chrome, and then swapping back to the Origin app on my main computer. I sometimes had to re-log into Origin for my purchased games to show up.)

- B

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (528 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

If you're accessing Origin via the origin.com website from your phone, and able to log into your account, you should be okay to do that. I've been able to check my purchased game history from my phone, though I've never had to make a purchase yet. I've tested it at least via different internet browsers (Such as purchasing via Firefox or Chrome, and then swapping back to the Origin app on my main computer. I sometimes had to re-log into Origin for my purchased games to show up.)

- B

Message 2 of 6 (529 Views)

★ Apprentice

@burin077 wrote:

Hi;

- B

Thank you so much!! Glad to know this.

Message 3 of 6 (498 Views)

★ Apprentice

So, quick update: earlier today, I was finally able to get around to buying the packs on my phone. Made the first purchase thru PayPal, and as soon as it was complete, I was thrown out of my account and given this error message:AF72E254-B016-4CF4-99B8-9111A7753A3C.png

still continue to get this message to this point every time I attempt to log back in. I find this extremely strange & fishy considering it popped up right after purchase.

I’ve looked up this error as well and it seems like people experience it pretty frequently on the desktop website/client as well. Definitely don’t know what to do in my case since any troubleshooting steps don’t match up with iPhone UI. I’d appreciate any feedback about this error as I’m not wanting to be locked out this whole time until the sale is over ://

Message 4 of 6 (444 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Another update! I was able to complete the rest of my purchases on another device but still get this same login error on my phone, unfortunately. I’ll be reaching out to EA directly to see if they can diagnose the issue but I don’t have my hopes up Frown It’s not a major issue but I would like to see some sort of solution arise. 

Message 5 of 6 (425 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

Very odd; normally I don't have any issues with logging into Origin via mobile. I went ahead and preordered Island Living via mobile to give it a try; apart from having a few connectivity issues, I didn't really run into any additional problems.

Hopefully it's just a matter of clearing the cache or something from your phone's browser of choice.

- B

Message 6 of 6 (414 Views)