Re: Are we ever going to be able to edit towns/worlds as a whole again?

by PugLove888

Original Post

Are we ever going to be able to edit towns/worlds as a whole again?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I was talking with a couple of my friends recently about all the features we miss from older versions of The Sims, the biggest being editing towns and worlds more than just placing lots onto what's already there.  I miss being able to add different size lots to grow the town and add trees wherever I pleased. For example, it's super ridiculous that Magnolia Promenade only had 4 lots but SO much open grass space on the map!! Are we ever going to be able to fully edit towns again? PLEASE!!

Other features we miss:

- Controlling pets--I should be able to force my dog to only be aggressive towards the mailman and not have to give them the aggressive trait.

- Dog shows at the park (from Sims 2?)--it's cool that we have all the agility obstacles, but there's not really a point to them.

- Horses! I loved having horses and it would be really cool if you combined them with Get To Work so police officers could go on patrol on a horse. Hello, mounted unit!

- Being able to fully customize objects--i.e. being able to choose OR DESIGN specific fabrics, comforters, etc. What if I want a white bed frame but a dark red comforter?

- Makin' Magic!! Give me witches, dragons and black roses (that I could never find) again!!

- University. I'm sure this is probably in the queue for Sims 4 since we've had it in almost every other version, but I'd like to give a Sim the option to basically be a commuter student so you can go to college with them during the day and maybe stay over, but you don't abandon your family for 4 years. 

- Superstar! It was really cool having the celebrity levels and being able to be a movie star.

Message 1 of 5 (427 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@lillybilly9, I still miss the rose vase from The Sims 1  where Sims would  sometimes autonomously take a rose from it and give it to another Sim! Heart Large smile  There will always be aspects from every version of the Sims that people will miss.  Some might show up again, but others probably will not.  

I don't know if they would bring back the ability to edit towns and worlds.  Somehow I don't think they will, but I could be wrong.  Wink  

I also wish we could control pets, but we are in the minority on that one! Frown  Most people wanted more realistic pets that did their own thing and the only way to control them is to have your Sims train them.  (I wanted to play as the pet! DogCat )

I hear what you are saying about the agility course, but I think the point of them is to bond with your dog and give your dog a goal to work towards.  

I would also love horses to return!  This could be a possibility, with either its own pack (kind of like how Vampires got their own pack)  or maybe a farming pack.  With out an open world, a farming pack would make more sense (since we wouldn't be able to travel very far on them in our current world.)

I would absolutely love the "wheel" from CASt (Create A STyle) to return, --- but then I would soon regret it as it bogged down my computer soooo much that anytime I went into Build or Buy Mode, my game would stop for about 40 min before I could play again.  But that is partly my fault since I was addicted to the color/pattern wheel!  I couldn't stop collecting patterns and applying them! HeartParty hatEmbarrassed  Apparently I wasn't the only person to have a problem with this because before TS4 was released, EA stated that they wouldn't have CASt or an open world in TS4 for this very reason!  Their goal was to make TS4 playable for almost everyone!  But CASt was my absolute favorite thing about TS3.  But my favorite thing made the game almost impossible to play for me.  So, as much as I loved it, I understand why it didn't make it to TS4! 

Ah, my old favorite, Makin' Magic!  The atmosphere and the music were to die for! HeartHeartHeart  While they won't every have the exact "Makin' Magic", they might add more Supernatural Sims to the game in much the way they did Vampires.  So, it is possible that we could have a Witches & Warlocks pack, and/or a Fairies pack, and/or a Werewolf pack, etc.!  

(BTW, you could only get black roses if you had Superstar installed and your Sim got famous enough to have acquired a Stalker Obsessed Fan who would leave black roses on your lot! Wink

My bet is that if they make any of your suggestions a reality, it would be to include University for TS4! This remains a very popular pack.  (Wouldn't it be ironic if they are working on it as we "speak"?!?)  The TS2 version was my favorite (loved the music from the "college station" almost as much as the music from Makin' Magic !  HeartParty hat  Happy memories! 

Finally, they might do a Superstar-like pack!  It wouldn't surprise me. Cool

But most of what I said are just educated or logical guesses.  I don't work for EA.  Most of us here just like helping people where and when we can! Heart Even those here that do work for EA, might not know any more than we do at the moment, or if they do know, they might not be able to say anything just yet! Raised eyebrow But even if many of these things don't make it back into TS4, if there is a TS5, there is a much better chance of them being in that version! Wink

Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 5 (361 Views)

★ Apprentice

It seems silly we can't in 4. They definitely need to change it. Most of the reason I play sims 3, overall has better creative feature with people and building...just sayin!

Message 3 of 5 (242 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I miss a lot of things from Sims 2. Restoring a car, and then using the car to get to work. I loved the animations. They seemed so expressive and true to life. The make-out animation was hilarious. I still remember starting a new sims 2 game and watching Don Lothario sulk when he came down the stairs in the morning or when he was asked to do some housekeeping. He was funny. The lots and houses were great, and so was how easy the game was to add mods to. I should try to find a way to play it again, I miss the game and all the stuff.

Message 4 of 5 (235 Views)

Champion

@Catalina26 Yes, it would be fantastic to have that level of customization in TS4!  I do hope they can give this to us!

@Crayola4321  I loved fixing up the old beatup car in TS2!  TS2 is my favorite Sims game! Party hat  Too many good things about that one!  Nothing can compare in my book! I do have it on my computer, but almost never play it because I will become addicted again, and then I would miss out on TS4 and wouldn't be able to play that, or help people here! 😅  I hope you can find an old copy! 🤞

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 5 (186 Views)