Re: Anyone else having issues with the Sims 4?

by BillieFan

Original Post

Anyone else having issues with the Sims 4?

★★★★ Novice

I played the first Sims the first date it was out/ I fell in love with it. I bought Sims 2 and was equally happy! I bought Sims 3 but could never play it because my computer broke so I gave it away.

Now...on to my issues..(sorry, I'm giving way TMI) I just purchased a laptop and the first thing I purchase is the Sims 4. I can barely figure it out, even after going through the tutorial and buying a book. I feel stupid but, I really need someone to help me. I'm in hospice, this was supposed to be my escape.

I cant figure out how to get the walls to stay down completely, I cant figure out how to turn the camera all the was around. I only catch 50% of what's happening because I cant get the camera to turn. There are even times I will save a game, try and come back to it and it makes me make another character for the house that's already mine.

I really want to play this game. In layman's terms can someone please explain what's going wrong. I would appreciate it so much! Thank you!, Lorrie

Message 1 of 3 (415 Views)

[ Edited ]

It might help to press CTRL+Shift+TAB at the same time, this will turn on The Sims 3 camera. Which feels a bit more natural if you've been used to earlier version of The Sims. 
In the settings (ESC -> Game Options) you'll be able to change even more settings like edge scrolling.

2.png

These are the settings I have, I might have some more options at the left side because I have all kinds of expansion packs for the game.

To place the walls down you can use the settings in the right hand corner (see picture below) or use 'Home' and 'End' on your keyboard. 
1.png

For opening the game you were playing, you need to press the play button, have you tried this?
To see the game you've already made you can press 'load game' and start an older save for example.  

play.png

This website might also help with the controls: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/controls.php

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 3 (383 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for your response! Much appreciated. I turned the sims 3 camera option on and off and didn’t notice a difference. I’m just trying to figure out how to turn and look completely around. It’s like, up, down, left and right and that’s it so I feel like I’m missing so much of the gameplay

Message 3 of 3 (365 Views)