Re: Any chance to get Scared emotion?

by PugLove888

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Any chance to get Scared emotion?

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I love The Sims 4, it's wonderful game! there is just one thing that can make it even better, I'm a coward, so I'm scared almost all the time, so i'm very missing a scared emotion, so i can make myself as a sim, and chance for adding scared emotion?

Message 1 of 9 (4,639 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA app Team

Hi @mathematics654 @PugLove888,

Love to read you enjoy the game @mathematics654!

Thank you both for giving us your feedback about this emotion and trait you would like to see in the game, it's always great to read your ideas to improve the game!

What do you imagine your sims being scared from, apart from vampires? Standard smile

-Mai

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (5,207 Views)

All Replies

Champion

I don't' work for the Sims, or EA, or Origin, so I can't help you there, but I agree there should be an "Scared" emotion! Shocked  I would also like to see a "Coward" personality trait.  These would be great fun with the Vampires pack, or the Aliens and Ghosts!  Party hat  I made a family with the Vmpires pack to move into the empty house filled with garlic, but the closest I could get to making them actually afraid of Vampires was to make them Squeamish Confused which isn't that satisfying!  The closest thing we have to fear in the game is when Children get afraid of the monster under the bed! LOL Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 9 (4,606 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @mathematics654 @PugLove888,

Love to read you enjoy the game @mathematics654!

Thank you both for giving us your feedback about this emotion and trait you would like to see in the game, it's always great to read your ideas to improve the game!

What do you imagine your sims being scared from, apart from vampires? Standard smile

-Mai

Message 3 of 9 (5,208 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@EA_Mai

Ghosts, fire, darkness, you could add rendom events at school, work or space travel, like big tests, that can trigger this emotion, and of cause, there is a "scare" mischief imteractiom

Message 4 of 9 (4,569 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@EA_Mai , Thanks for replying! Heart  I agree with @mathematics654 in what would be good ideas for things that scare Sims!  Obviously some Sims would be more afraid of any Supernatural Sims (be they the current Ghosts, Aliens, and Vampires ... or any future supernaturals such as Witches, Werewolves, Fairies, etc..)  They can also be afraid of failing at school or doing poorly at work, the "Scare" action under the "Mischief" menu, fire, fights, the dark, a failed Party, etc.  With the new City Living pack they could be afraid of mice and roaches and earthquakes!  If there is ever any weather/seasons, they can be afraid of thunderstorms!  If there are ever any Pets added, then some Sims could be afraid of those as well. Wink  Non-Committal Sims could get really afraid even witnessing other Sims getting married, and really freak-out if they themselves tie the knot!  All of this could be enhanced if certain Sims have a "Coward" trait (which would have to be a new addition), and could be avoided if they have the Self-Assured trait that is already in the game!  Sims without either of these traits could just have some in-between level of fear so that they might sometimes be afraid of these things, but either not as often as Cowards, or not to the extent as Cowards.  Sims already get very Uncomfortable around bears when they go camping.  I myself am afraid of bees, and get a bit creeped out when my Sims get stung on camping trips.  I know a few people afraid of swimming, so that could be incorporated. If there ever was an Amusement Park pack then some Sims could be afraid of rollercoasters (which I love!) or Ferris wheels (which I'm terrified of! Shocked) LOL Large smile  If you guys ever make a "Vain" personality trait, then vain Sims would fear becoming an Elder! And of course all but the most brave Sims should be afraid of the Grim Reaper! LOL

I'm also sure y'all can think of many situations in which to scare our Sims! I feel that the current Uncomfortable emotion isn't quite the same as being scared because Sims are uncomfortable if too many items are broken or if dirty items are present, but unless they are a germ-a-phobe, they wouldn't really be scared of these things in real life; and yet the same emotion is used when they are around bears while camping, which really doesn't' make sense!  Fear is usually more intense than being uncomfortable anyway!

I love playing the game, and have played it from TS1 to TS2, TS3, and now TS4!  Thank you all for listening and providing us years of fun!  I truly think The Sims are the best video game ever!Heart

Message 5 of 9 (4,555 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I think this is a great idea and the response making being only scared of vampires is very unimaginative  -_-    Does that mean people in every day life aren't afraid of anything because there are no vampires in our world???   Ugh!   Scared of being pranked, maybe a dark room, going in the basement, meeting someone new, fire, that dang bear in the woods or the costumed characters for that matter, ghosts!!!   Come on, there's LOTS of things and potential for a Sim to get scared by.  Scared of swimming, scared of the cowplant, scared of performing a musical piece or dancing, stage fright?  There's so much available and probably difficult to narrow down, but there's LOTS to offer and lots of potential.  I don't have vampires in my game, but I do have aliens. They could be scared of them.  Tch....but I guess maybe it's a good thing not to have scared.  I love my brave Sims!!!

Message 6 of 9 (4,310 Views)

Champion

@BadCowboy1969, I forgot in my long list of things our Sims could be scared of to mention the Cowplant.  Thanks for bringing that up! Angel  It's a great idea! Heart

Message 7 of 9 (4,296 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hi! I'm glad you're open to hearing what we have to say.
I study physiology and fear is one of the six basic human emotions. I think it deserves a place in the sims series. I'm a fan since the very beginning and the emotions is my favorite part of the sims 4!

I have some suggestions on what to add with the scared emotion. Halloween is near so that might be something key.

Fear can be rational and irrational (also known as phobia). Extreme cases of fear may result in a temporary paralysis. Rational fear includes fear of death (which elders can get or teens when they start discovering the world), fear of unknown (which can be anything that can randomly happen). Irrarional fear is fear that is perceived only by some people and considered illogical by others. There can be sims afraid of the dark, of cellars, of germs, of their partner cheating, of getting grounded or receiving a bad grade at school, fear of being burgled or just fear of germs. There isn't a need for a lot of new traits, because the already existing ones can be tied to the emotion (e.g. jealous sims can get scared that partner might be cheating; perfectionist - of performing poorly etc). And of course the regular - afraid of occult live states.

I think it would be a great addition to the game and add a lot of depth.
Message 8 of 9 (4,191 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I thought the Sims (4) already showed fear sometimes, for short periods of time. When a fire starts most of them get all afraid and run scared away; they show fear if they get shown an alien implanter object (I forget what it's really called,) they show serious disturbance of the presence of ghosts, and will show distinct fear for a moment if frightened by a ghost, and someone mentioned they or at least children will show fear at the monster under the bed appearing.

I personally don't want my Sims to be more afraid than all that stuff, and they already show fairly serious "uncomfortablity" emotion. That's enough suffering for my Sims. heh.

Message 9 of 9 (4,178 Views)