Re: Advice on a broken sim relationship?

by PugLove888

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Advice on a broken sim relationship?

★★★★ Novice

I love to make up stories for my sims and I want to share a little on my recent family, Katie and Luke were in a happy relationship and I want to make a bit of a back story about them, so I can upload them to the gallery. Here's the story so far:

They typically got engaged and had a kid and all that lot, but a sim week after, Luke started flirting with a Caliente, I didn't start this, so I just went along with it. He was in the athlete career and Katie was in the detective career. I made him go to see this Nina and he came back at 2 in the morning. I decided that Katie would be awake because the baby was keeping her from sleeping, I made up a conversation for them, Katie asked why he was late, he said that work kept him back cleaning. Then I decided Katie didn't believe him and started shouting at him! They got into this fight and all and their romance AND friendship bar went down into red! I pretended that Katie said it was time for a break and Luke went to live with this random NPC, that I pretended was his mate. They are still engaged but don't live together because of him cheating on her. I don't know how to end this though? I need some ideas so I can download them for everyone. I'm stuck for ideas! Standard smile

Message 1 of 5 (2,223 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@Sephardic, you could also explain their story and just let the people who download them decide how they want the story to turn out! Cool Some will fix their relationship, some will have forever fighting, some will have Kate seek revenge on Luke and become a Vampire in order to seek revenge, LOL.  Raised eyebrow

That way, you don't have to worry about how to end the story before you upload it, and players will have an interesting dilemma to deal with! Large smile  Besides, a story is more interesting to play if it is not finished. Wink  

Happy Simming! Heart

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (2,335 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro

Hi @Sephardic 

Apart from the cheat for relationships, (which means a lot of typing) Weerbesu at Mod the Sims has a very good 'right click' to edit relationship mod.. if you're interested, just do a search for UI cheats extension, modthesims.

Hope this helps,

Sasha

nb; in case you're unaware of the cheat for relationships:

use control > shift > c to bring up the cheat window, then type the following: 

testingcheats true

modifyrelationship YourSimFirst YourSimLast TargetSimFirst TargetSimLast (-)amount Track_type
amount is a value from 0-100.

Track_type is either Friendship_Main or Romance_Main

Examples:

modifyrelationship Beatrix Monroe Alexia Mercado -50 Friendship_Main

modifyrelationship Beatrix Monroe Alexia Mercado 50 Romance_Main

modifyrelationship YourSimFirst YourSimLast TargetSimFirst TargetSimLast (-)amount Track_type

amount is a value from 0-100

Message 2 of 5 (2,207 Views)

Champion

@Sephardic, you could also explain their story and just let the people who download them decide how they want the story to turn out! Cool Some will fix their relationship, some will have forever fighting, some will have Kate seek revenge on Luke and become a Vampire in order to seek revenge, LOL.  Raised eyebrow

That way, you don't have to worry about how to end the story before you upload it, and players will have an interesting dilemma to deal with! Large smile  Besides, a story is more interesting to play if it is not finished. Wink  

Happy Simming! Heart

Message 3 of 5 (2,336 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thanks for your ideas guys! I appreciate it! I will go with having people decided their future! It'll be great to see how they turn out! Standard smile
Message 4 of 5 (2,182 Views)

Champion

@Sephardic, I'm happy you found a solution that you liked! Standard smile  Glad I could help!  Have fun making stories and Sims!  Party hat

Message 5 of 5 (2,149 Views)