Why doesn't Madden 23 PC have the same features as current generation console?

by CoolwaterPSN

Original Post

Re: Why doesn't Madden 23 PC have the same features as current generation consol

★★★★★ Newbie

tbh the fieldsense and next gen features are hardly even noticeable 

Message 81 of 327 (1,929 Views)

PC Still Last gen. Won't Be Playing

★★★★★ Pro

I'm done with this game on PC. 3rd year in a row and STILL last gen.

Message 82 of 327 (1,742 Views)

Re: Why doesn't Madden 23 PC have the same features as current generation consol

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry There is a 20something page topic on the pc players getting screwed in madden 21, and a longer one in madden 22. Both of which you are apart of.

They are obviously referencing the fact that the pc version is an entirely different game than the ps5 version.

No one is buying this recycled nonsense.

We are looking for an excuse as to why we keep getting shafted. And tell the support staff to stop lying to people.

Thank you

Message 83 of 327 (1,911 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@BestShowonTurf1 Don't even go there. The character models are much better. The physics is much better., but its none of those things that actually matter

Madden, like everything else, should scale well above console.

We should be getting the best version of the game, BY FAR, but I'd settle just to actually be able to play it above 60fps in native 4k.

It should release with console settings as medium and go up to ultra. 

Message 84 of 327 (1,909 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@CBlan1224 Don’t get your hopes on an answer. Been waiting 2 weeks for one
Message 85 of 327 (1,879 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I haven't gotten a response in 12 months of trying on the 'madden 22 pc not next gen' thread. I know man! 

Message 86 of 327 (1,873 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Well since EA_Blueberry can't even tell us if Madden 23 on PC will have any meaningful improvements over 21 or 22 there's no point in wasting my time here.  So for 2 years in a row, I won't be buying Madden.  One of the easiest choices I've made all year.  Good luck guys.  

Message 87 of 327 (2,055 Views)

Community Manager

@cashmachine28 wrote:

Well since EA_Blueberry can't even tell us if Madden 23 on PC will have any meaningful improvements over 21 or 22 there's no point in wasting my time here.  So for 2 years in a row, I won't be buying Madden.  One of the easiest choices I've made all year.  Good luck guys.  

Hello there,

I have been out since the 9th and came back in yesterday and still attempting to catch up on what I have missed since being out. From my understanding PC players will receive all the same features as console users, except for FieldSENSE which is a PS5/XB1SX/S feature only. Details on what is included in FieldSENSE can be read here.

Blueberry.png
Message 88 of 327 (2,035 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry no offense, because I know this is not your fault, but that's just marketing jargon for saying "you're basically getting last years model with a new color" That's not good enough. PCs are already far more capable than the next gen consoles available out there, and the next-gen consoles are using PC technology. The Xbox itself is using windows-based technology, so there is literally NO valid reason that ALL features available for next-gen Madden 23 should not be available for PC players. To port it to PC requires virtually no effort on the part of the developers.

So I am asking you to please stop listening to the marketing jargon, and just be real. We are NOT getting any new features. It's basically only some slightly upgrade graphics and animations, updated rosters, and some additional polish. Other than that, it is the exact same as Madden 21 and 22 which were basically carbon copies of each other.
Message 89 of 327 (2,019 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Have you heard anything in regards as to why next gen features won't be brought to PC? Also, are next gen features still in the plans of being implemented to PC in the future? I know in the past we've been told that it was being considered for the future. After 3 years of waiting I'm a little confused about what their timeline is looking like for PC

Message 90 of 327 (2,017 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help