Why doesn't Madden 23 PC have the same features as current generation console?

by CoolwaterPSN

Original Post

Re: Why doesn't Madden 23 PC have the same features as current generation consol

★★★ Apprentice

I believe they are referencing next gen consoles getting FieldSense and PC being stuck on the previous generation.

Message 11 of 327 (6,990 Views)

Re: Why doesn't Madden 23 PC have the same features as current generation consol

★★★★★ Novice

Hang on a minute...you mean to tell me that you're asking us for evidence of what the company you work for is doing? How is the press finding this out but employees are in the dark?

Message 12 of 327 (6,919 Views)

★ Guide

On this page it states the following...

††FieldSENSE™️ Gameplay System only on PlayStation®️5 and Xbox Series X|S versions.

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-23/gameplay-features

This is the same way Madden 22 was handled. 

†Dynamic Gameday only available on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-22/gameplay-features

I refuse to buy another madden until EA stops intentionally creating feature gaps between PC and Current Gen Consoles.  Additionally, Where is cross play? 

Message 13 of 327 (6,890 Views)

Madden 23 PC Last Gen?

★★★ Apprentice

Why are PC players not getting the same treatment as Next Gen consoles even tho I have a $3000 computer that can outperform it easily I had hope this year that this would be resolved but it wasn't i truly feel like this is completely unfair especially when I spent $100 last year in December for Ea Play Pro if any EA worker sees this please inform the higher up that there's many people that would love to play Madden on there PC instead of having to buy a whole console yall have 2 months too fix this issue please try to fix it thank you have a great night. 

Message 14 of 327 (6,876 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I just had a quick chat with someone at help.ea.com, do not know if this concrete or not. 

YOUR CASE SUMMARY
#113177687 ‎Will new features be included with Madden 23 PC version?‎
Chat
Chat Started: Friday, June 03, 2022, 10:59:28 (+0530)
Chat Origin: EN_CH_T1_AB
Agent Baldev S
(4s ) Baldev: Thank you for contacting EA HELP, my name is Baldev, may I start with your first name please?
( 14s ) Eric: Eric
( 1m 10s ) Baldev: Hello Eric. It's a pleasure, to meet you through chat.
Hope you are doing good today?
( 1m 18s ) Baldev: What can I help you with today?
( 1m 20s ) Eric: Doing well, yourself?
( 1m 38s ) Eric: Just wanted to see if you would be able to provide me with an update regarding Madden 23 on PC
( 2m 36s ) Eric: Website shows PS5 and XBox getting new feature called fieldsense but last generation consoles are not going to get it
( 2m 42s ) Eric: will that be the same case for PC?
( 5m 28s ) Baldev: No worries, I will certainly look into this and try my best to help you with the information.
( 6m 36s ) Baldev: Pc will get all the features.
( 9m 15s ) Eric: Glad to hear that, never see people get a proper response to this on EA forums.
( 10m 30s ) Baldev: Yes, I have confirmed and provided you the updated news.
( 10m 40s ) Baldev: Apart from this, is there anything else I can help you with?
( 11m 18s ) Eric: No, that was it thank you for the update.
( 11m 31s ) Baldev: Pleasure and lovely talking to you here.
Thanks for contacting EA Help. Have a great day!
Chat Ended by: Agent
Chat Duration: 12m 19s
Wait Time: 4s
Message 15 of 327 (6,881 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@ericth3r3d So is this conformation we will get next gen he didn't really answer completely I'm hoping he understood your question
Message 16 of 327 (6,877 Views)

Re: No Next-Gen on Madden 23? Good job.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@KMKPC   I had not noticed the "Only available..." bit earlier. Thanks for highlighting it and ruining my day mate! 🥜

I don't game on a potato pc, so I kept my wallet shut to M22 over this already. I am really narked by EA who clearly don't want me to buy and enjoy M23 at its glorious best either? 🍂 #Snubbed

Message 17 of 327 (4,519 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This just got my hopes up. I really hope it's true

Message 18 of 327 (6,833 Views)

Community Manager

@Findicarton wrote:

Hang on a minute...you mean to tell me that you're asking us for evidence of what the company you work for is doing? How is the press finding this out but employees are in the dark?

@Findicarton 

"Features" was mentioned and we will want to be specific on what we're discussing because that can refer to anything, including game modes.

@CoolwaterPSN wrote:

On this page it states the following...

††FieldSENSE™️ Gameplay System only on PlayStation®️5 and Xbox Series X|S versions.

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-23/gameplay-features

This is the same way Madden 22 was handled. 

†Dynamic Gameday only available on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-22/gameplay-features

I refuse to buy another madden until EA stops intentionally creating feature gaps between PC and Current Gen Consoles.  Additionally, Where is cross play? 

Thank you, @CoolwaterPSN 

Yes this is accurate. ††FieldSENSE™️ Gameplay System is only on PlayStation®️5 and Xbox Series X|S versions.

Blueberry.png
Message 19 of 327 (6,818 Views)

★ Guide

Run it up the ladder that PC gamers want ALL the features. This is absolutely ridiculous that PC is not the same version that PS5 and Xbox Series X/S gets. 

As a computer programmer I understand that their can be hurdles, but this is not one of them. Again, I will not buy Madden again until this is resolved. I didn't buy last year, and won't buy next year. Last year I cancelled my EA Play Pro because of it. You're not delivering content I want anymore. I've got old Maddens I can fire up and get the same game. I don't need renamed features or updated rosters.

EA is going down the wrong path here, and eventually it's going to catch up to them. It's sad to see the legacy of John Madden tossed into the trash like this. I'm both disgusted and disappointed.

Message 20 of 327 (4,612 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help