Madden 23 Official Reveal & Gameplay Trailer, Pre-order Info, & Game Details

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Madden 23 Official Reveal & Gameplay Trailer, Pre-order Info, & Game Details

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

What's up, Madden Community.

The official trailer for Madden 23 is out and this year we will be introducing FieldSENSE™!

Providing the foundation for consistent, ultra-realistic gameplay, Madden NFL 23’s new FieldSENSE Gameplay System†† equips players with more control at all positions in every mode. FieldSENSE leverages animation branching technology and a suite of new user control mechanics for a seamless gameplay flow with authentic results on every play.

We'll have more to reveal on the game as we get closer to the official worldwide launch day on August 19th, 2022. Explore more about the game below and let us know what you're most excited for!

Blueberry.png
Message 1 of 28 (3,459 Views)

Re: Madden 23 Official Reveal Trailer & Game Details

While I think the Skill-Based Passing will be a great addition to Madden 23, I also like that players do have the option to turn it off if they do not like it. It's great to have options like this in a video game.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 28 (3,435 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

What do PC users have to do to get the next gen version of the game ported to PC?  Any decent gaming PC is more than powerful enough to run the game.  Does anyone at EA look at twitter and see how many frustrated PC users there are? Many of us have been purchasing every Madden since the 90's and we are left out.  I understand that PC players are the smallest demographic, but I also know I am not the only one that is not purchasing this years version of the game just for the updated roster.  If all we get is last gen with updated rosters at least provide it at a significant discount. Also, for the love of all that holy please fix franchise mode. It was better in 2004 than it has been in the last 18 years.  Looking forward to a response.

Regards,

Loyal Madden Purchaser

Message 3 of 28 (3,386 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Ripcurlbro13 Sadly, I believe the answer simply is MUT gets priority over franchise because sheep....er.......I mean people continue to pour money into it every year and I feel like console players are the type of people who play MUT more than Franchise so their platforms get priority and PC players like us are an afterthought. I can't imagine paying $60 (or the insanity of $99 for pre-launch) on PC when it's just a roster update and a tribute cover to John Madden.
Also as note to PC players, Sabo (the modder who fixes Franchise and AI issues for the game every year) declared on discord and twitter that he is out this year and most likely subsequent years on continuing to mod the game.
I really can't envision trying to play the game on PC as it ships from EA without his mods and fixes anyway tbh.
Message 4 of 28 (3,354 Views)

[ Edited ]

New release moves & counter press mechanics give you more control in Madden NFL 23!

https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/status/1533102118466469889

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 28 (3,325 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry You & the team should watch this. It’s how the entire community feels. Y’all had precision passing back in madden 10 & tackle battles back in 2017. You just take it out say you revamp it & it’s all the same. For real though just watch the YouTube clip but y’all won’t because y’all are all about making those micro transactions. Can’t wait til 2k gets back into this. This half hearted stuff is getting old. No one even makes an effort anymore & it’s sad. I for one will not be buying this anymore til y’all do something different.

[Removed - CM - Inappropriate video]

Message 6 of 28 (3,309 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Plus on top of it y’all said you’ve listen to the community hahaha right. There have been a lot of people ask about superstar mode to be brought back but now it’s some stupid “hey you gotta prove it on a 1 year deal. Instead of what it use to be. Who wants to go into year 5 on a prove it deal? Nobody. Madden 20 had it going in the right direction then upper management probably put there 2 cents in & now it’s you not even getting to play your full career. Nobody wants that crap. I’d rather do the combine have a chance to be drafted high then have some storylines…..no damn cap on your attributes realistic contracts other than these stupid 3 yr half assed deals……sweet geezus madden 23 is actually a combination of stuff they took out years ago.

Message 7 of 28 (3,306 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@NatureBoy2323 EA loves to use the buzzword "control" when marketing the game. But the reality is, the game engine is based off of triggered animations, not physics. As long as that's the case, any "control" is nothing more than a dice roll and an illusion at best. Discerning players are not buying into these tactics anymore and haven't been for a long time. These are the same players that will no longer be buying the game in it's current state, not matter how many marketing words are used to hype it up.
Message 8 of 28 (3,298 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@jtcamp1981 Haha, I also watched this earlier today as well. The sentiment and tone is EXACTLY how those of us that want an actual simulation NFL football game sound and feel. The important thing though, is those of us that feel that way need to abstain from buying the game now or ever going forward until EA makes palpable wholesale changes in not just the direction of the game, but how they treat their customers in terms of giving them what they want, not what makes them the most easy micro money. The dollar is the vote that counts. Don't forget that, everybody. If you're fed up with copy/paste versions of the game, and want them to focus on Simulation football (which is what their contract is supposedly all about btw) in instead of game modes that are about anything other than simulation football, then you need to not buy the game this year and tide yourself over with something else that you either already own from the past or invest in a different football franchise for the time being. That's the only way real change will come about. Sad that that's where we're at, but since EA and the NLF decided to eliminate competition for an NFL simulation football product long ago so those are the options. They made that bed with those decisions, so now they'll have to sleep in it. If you don't like where the game is at, make your voice heard with your wallet by keeping it in your pocket this year. Cheers.
Message 9 of 28 (3,293 Views)

★ Apprentice

Another year, another chance for Madden. I will say from the trailer, and the current information, I am not surprised with the changes. But it has already been said, the passing targeting is something that was in the game, unless you took it out, along with the new but old talking. The WR vs DB battle should not be a new feature of the game, let alone take this long to make that more realistic. Gameplay looks the same as last year, and the many years apart. Franchise is always going to be my go to mode. From the sounds of it, its sound interesting but I will wait to see what more you plan on bring, while not waiting two months for a scouting update. While the other modes don't interest me, I know that MUT will get most of the new gloss, while the old player mode is a nail in the coffin for it. Five year in now, playing a must win story mode, where your not doing anything that makes it like other games. Overall I am interested but not to the point of buying the game. Take the hint that the community wants a better gameplay, focus on Franchise mode, and make what Madden started Madden again. 

Message 10 of 28 (3,275 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help